Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

No game installer when downloaded?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

No game installer when downloaded? Empty No game installer when downloaded?

Post by Guest Mon 16 Nov 2015, 07:46

After having crashing issues with The Sims 4 the past month or so, I decided to uninstall and re-install to see if the new fixes would help, but now whenever I download either the update-only or ultimate fix it doesn't contain The_Sims_4_Setup.exe to be able to install the actual game. Am I totally missing something or is the download being weird, because I've never had a problem before. Thanks for any help!

Back to top Go down

No game installer when downloaded? Empty Re: No game installer when downloaded?

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 22 Nov 2015, 06:53

musical0mermaid wrote:After having crashing issues with The Sims 4 the past month or so, I decided to uninstall and re-install to see if the new fixes would help, but now whenever I download either the update-only or ultimate fix it doesn't contain The_Sims_4_Setup.exe to be able to install the actual game. Am I totally missing something or is the download being weird, because I've never had a problem before. Thanks for any help!

Hello and welcome to the forum,

See the included instructions in the Ultimate fix(es) - if you have the freely available "Adobe Reader" installed, then you should be able to see a .pdf file inside the downloads.

Other than that there is no setup.exe in the fixes - you are supposed to copy all those files and folders, and then paste them to wherever you have your Sims 4 installed. If you installed the base game from Games4theworld, that will typically be C:\Program files(x86)\Electronic Arts.

When prompted, please replace ALL existing files/folders.

I also suggest that after doing so, you actually MOVE your install folder named "The Sims 4", out of Electronic Arts, and directly into "Program files(x86). Make sure to create new desktop shortcuts after that, and delete any old shortcuts.

Finally, you should also make sure to configure your anti-virus exclusions beforehand. For an introduction, see the video guide here or the forum guide here.

Good luck !  No game installer when downloaded? Alien
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top