Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sims 4 Has Stopped Working!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Sims 4 Has Stopped Working! Empty The Sims 4 Has Stopped Working!

Post by Guest Fri 20 Nov 2015, 06:37

Please help, When I open my sims 4 it crashes & it says "The Sims 4 Has Stopped Working!" Sad
I've just played it yesterday but today when I opened it, its now crashes.. Sad
I don't know what happen.. Sad 

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
  Application Name: TS4.exe
  Application Version: 1.10.57.1020
  Application Timestamp: 55b7fbce
  Fault Module Name: Simulation.dll
  Fault Module Version: 1.200.0.143
  Fault Module Timestamp: 55b7fc17
  Exception Code: c0000005
  Exception Offset: 0031c914
  OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
  Locale ID: 1033
  Additional Information 1: 4d1c
  Additional Information 2: 4d1c6062a03e88868c0a265ff073e717
  Additional Information 3: dda2
  Additional Information 4: dda288a147b9263d4f02f2ed4a61600e

Back to top Go down

The Sims 4 Has Stopped Working! Empty Re: The Sims 4 Has Stopped Working!

Post by Sim Architect Sun 22 Nov 2015, 20:31

That is interesting...

Ok. Did you try the game again since that happened (after restarting the computer, of course)?

It sounds like you're running Windows Vista, right? I have a deep feeling, from what I experienced on Windows 7 a couple of weeks ago, that Microsoft really wants to force Windows 10 down our throats, in favor or against our will, so it's breaking the older versions, spamming us with advertisements of "free upgrade to Windows 10", freezing the entire system, crashing programs that worked fine before etc.

So, maybe you got the bug, maybe not.

What are the specs of your computer? Maybe it is time for you to do a full backup, format your computer and install everything from scratch? Are you computer wise enough for the task (or have someone that could do that for you in person)?

If so, that may be your answer, otherwise... We need to know what changed from then to now. Or if the computer went "back to normal" since the day you open this topic (sorry for my late reply).

Please, keep us posted, so we can assist you further Smile

Tea 5 Tea 5
Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator
The Gray Eminence :p
G4TW HONORARY Moderator The Gray Eminence :p

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Plants vs Zombies, The Sims 3, Cities Skylines, The Sims 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 23 Nov 2015, 08:27

Sim Architect wrote:That is interesting...

Ok. Did you try the game again since that happened (after restarting the computer, of course)?

It sounds like you're running Windows Vista, right? I have a deep feeling, from what I experienced on Windows 7 a couple of weeks ago, that Microsoft really wants to force Windows 10 down our throats, in favor or against our will, so it's breaking the older versions, spamming us with advertisements of "free upgrade to Windows 10", freezing the entire system, crashing programs that worked fine before etc.

So, maybe you got the bug, maybe not.

What are the specs of your computer? Maybe it is time for you to do a full backup, format your computer and install everything from scratch? Are you computer wise enough for the task (or have someone that could do that for you in person)?

If so, that may be your answer, otherwise... We need to know what changed from then to now. Or if the computer went "back to normal" since the day you open this topic (sorry for my late reply).

Please, keep us posted, so we can assist you further Smile

Tea 5 Tea 5

windows 7 then I upgraded it in windows 10 since it's free.. Sad 
I don't know.. Sad I searched, follow everything there but it's still like that.. and also I didn't make any changes after I leave the game, because after that I played minecraft, Sad 

Processor: AMD A4-4000 With Radeon(tm) HD Graphics 3.00 GHz
RAM: 4GB
System Type: 64 bit

yes I can do that at least, since I'm a computer engineering student hehe.. I'm not that good though.. Smile 

Thank you so muuch.. Smile I'll update you if it's fixed.. ^O^

Back to top Go down

Post by Sim Architect Mon 23 Nov 2015, 12:55

Nice! Maybe you need a backup and a clean install then, since updating windows from one version to another seems to break things to many users. I have a friend overseas with four computers that I will have to help over the phone to format her four computers because of that Facepalm. It is a good thing she is in Canada and I can call her landline "for free" (at least to me) Wink

Well, you are using an on board graphics, which is "fine" for Sims 4 if you are running with low graphic settings (I even made a video about a year ago playing around with a tablet with much lower specs than your machine). I am using a 10 year old dual core machine (with discrete video, but still, old) with 2 GB of RAM and I opted for Windows 10 Enterprise x64. Since you are a Computer Engineering Student, you may want to try it as well? There are good releases around on KickAss Torrents, I am on the "fast ring", so I get the latest builds. I also disable the anti virus (defender) and smartscreen, but only because my machine is too old to handle that (defender was using about 50% of my processing power most of the time, too much!).

In your case, I would keep both on, but exclude the game folders only (as well disable the anti virus temporarily while downloading/installing the game only, for safety reasons).

Keep us posted, and happy simming!

Tea 5 Tea 5
Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator
The Gray Eminence :p
G4TW HONORARY Moderator The Gray Eminence :p

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Plants vs Zombies, The Sims 3, Cities Skylines, The Sims 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 25 Nov 2015, 23:57

I'm having the same problem,when I click on it it appears and starts working normaly but stops at the "The Sims 4" logo, I tried everything Sad I even uninstalled and reinstalled the game... I downloaded the "Ultimate Fix" and still doesn't work... Is there anything I can do?

I'm sort of lost... Help?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top