Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I give up!! --Installing Sims 3 complete collection--

View previous topic View next topic Go down

I give up!! --Installing Sims 3 complete collection-- Empty I give up!! --Installing Sims 3 complete collection--

Post by Guest Sat 21 Nov 2015, 18:24

Hey guys I'm having a bit of an issue and I feel its mistakes made on my part. I had a friend helping me but it got to a point where they had no clue so I came here and tried what I could but it doesn't seem like i'm doing it right. 

First of all, I had previously installed the sims 3 base DISC (from a friend) and I purchased the pets exp. I installed the rest of the expansions and when I started doing mods got the "mod above your patch level" error so my friend suggested to uninstall EVERYTHING and use just the games from the complete collection.

So I did, knowing I wont get that base game back (disc version) 

The first thing that caught me by surprise was that the base game doesn't ask me for a serial code, even though theres one in the installation instructions, actually theres 3. 

The second problem is this: 

I give up!! --Installing Sims 3 complete collection-- MYweXrO

Now I don't know if thats normal because it's a torrent download but i've been trying to fix it using the patches and what not. But, I dont think i'm doing it right. The ts3.exe patches put into the bin folder don't change anything. If I put the .dll file in, upon opening sims the launcher crashes. Ive read the instructions on how to do it but they are a little vague (for someone like me anyway) I'm not sure what/where i'm supposed to be putting these things and how to get everything running smoothly.

Some help would be greatly appreciated. I would have watched the video but.... it's gone. Sad

//MOD Edit: Changed the image/screenshot to inline.

-Sim Architect

Back to top Go down

I give up!! --Installing Sims 3 complete collection-- Empty Re: I give up!! --Installing Sims 3 complete collection--

Post by Sim Architect Sun 22 Nov 2015, 20:36

Hi! Please, uninstall the game (and whichever expansions you may have installed) follow the steps and use the links in the video below, I think it's the easier solution for you and you will have all the content necessary. Please, if you have any questions, be welcome to post below, so we can assist you further. Also, keep us posted on your success!

Tea 5 Tea 5

The Sims 3 Complete Collection: https://youtu.be/oTx-Swi2YV0

Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator
The Gray Eminence :p
G4TW HONORARY Moderator The Gray Eminence :p

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Plants vs Zombies, The Sims 3, Cities Skylines, The Sims 4