Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Installing Sims 3 complete collection-Requirements.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Installing Sims 3 complete collection-Requirements. Empty Installing Sims 3 complete collection-Requirements.

Post by Guest Sat 14 Mar 2020, 18:37

First off, I apologize if this has already been addressed in another post. I did a deep dive of all sims 3 forums looking for possible advice or fixes. I'm currently installing the Sims 3 complete collection according to the instructions, have had no issues until now. I got a pop-up saying: 
Microsoft Visual C + + 2010 x86 Redistributable setup
Please resolve the following:

A newer version of Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable has been detected on the machine.

I'm guessing I need to change settings or install another program? 
I looked on the forum for the requirements or a possible but haven't found anything. Does anyone know what I can do? Or point me in the direction of a post with the requirements? I currently am running Windows 10.

Back to top Go down

Installing Sims 3 complete collection-Requirements. Empty Re: Installing Sims 3 complete collection-Requirements.

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 14 Mar 2020, 19:02

Hello again,

Does the setup allow you to bypass or otherwise close this message/prompt? Because strictly speaking, if you already have a 'newer version' of something installed, you don't need the 'older version' that comes with the installer.

Let me also guess: you are probably using the version with the "All-In-One" installer?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Installing Sims 3 complete collection-Requirements. Empty Re: Installing Sims 3 complete collection-Requirements.

Post by Guest Sat 14 Mar 2020, 19:33

The_gh0stm4n wrote:Hello again,

Does the setup allow you to bypass or otherwise close this message/prompt? Because strictly speaking, if you already have a 'newer version' of something installed, you don't need the 'older version' that comes with the installer.

Let me also guess: you are probably using the version with the "All-In-One" installer?
Hey! Thanks for your quick reply! 
It said it has to be resolved to continue the installation. I closed it anyway lol and yes! Using the all in one installer.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 14 Mar 2020, 19:41

The_gh0stm4n wrote:Hello again,

Okay I played around and it works and runs fine! Sorry about that! Thank you!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 14 Mar 2020, 19:45

bubblesims wrote:Hey! Thanks for your quick reply! 
It said it has to be resolved to continue the installation. I closed it anyway lol and yes! Using the all in one installer.

(...)

Okay I played around and it works and runs fine! Sorry about that! Thank you!!!

Do you remember doing anything specific for that outcome? Very Happy  Maybe it was just a mysterious temporary glitch ... danger! beware!!
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top