Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Getting Origin (d3382ced) error. Game was working fine until I added the newest ultimate fix.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Getting Origin (d3382ced) error. Game was working fine until I added the newest ultimate fix. Empty Getting Origin (d3382ced) error. Game was working fine until I added the newest ultimate fix.

Post by Guest Wed 02 Dec 2015, 01:01

Title says it. I originally had TS4 base game, Get To Work, and the fix that included Luxury stuff pack. All of which are from games4theworld. I wanted the newer stuff packs and DLC, so I downloaded it, and put everything in the places it had to go. I only put in the packs I didn't have. I didn't replace the installer, game, bin, and the others. Probably the first mistake there. But after I added the packs to the TS4 file I booted up TS4 and it worked just fine, but I realized that the packs I put in weren't there. So I quit the game and I updated the folders I didn't put in at first. When I tried starting it up again it gave me the Origin error.

I have searched these forums looking for an answer, and tried nearly all of them. I'm pretty tech savvy, so I have quite a few different things on my own like removing the expansions and trying to start it just with the base game. 

So, since nothing worked I tried installing the game on my desktop pc, and as you can probably guess, I got the same exact error.

I don't really care about getting it to work on my desktop because I mostly play on my laptop. My laptop is a Mac, but it's running Bootcamp Windows 7. Also, when the game was working I never had Origin running. It's not even connected to origin.

So, any ideas? And why does this error even exist?

Back to top Go down

Getting Origin (d3382ced) error. Game was working fine until I added the newest ultimate fix. Empty Re: Getting Origin (d3382ced) error. Game was working fine until I added the newest ultimate fix.

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 02 Dec 2015, 02:24

XoiRiot wrote:Title says it. I originally had TS4 base game, Get To Work, and the fix that included Luxury stuff pack. All of which are from games4theworld. I wanted the newer stuff packs and DLC, so I downloaded it, and put everything in the places it had to go. I only put in the packs I didn't have. I didn't replace the installer, game, bin, and the others. Probably the first mistake there. But after I added the packs to the TS4 file I booted up TS4 and it worked just fine, but I realized that the packs I put in weren't there. So I quit the game and I updated the folders I didn't put in at first. When I tried starting it up again it gave me the Origin error.

I have searched these forums looking for an answer, and tried nearly all of them. I'm pretty tech savvy, so I have quite a few different things on my own like removing the expansions and trying to start it just with the base game. 

So, since nothing worked I tried installing the game on my desktop pc, and as you can probably guess, I got the same exact error.

I don't really care about getting it to work on my desktop because I mostly play on my laptop. My laptop is a Mac, but it's running Bootcamp Windows 7. Also, when the game was working I never had Origin running. It's not even connected to origin.

Welcome to the forum,

For a start, you should always apply ALL files that are included in the Ultimate fix(es) from here. It's not going to work if you "just" take the newer DLC files and put them in. In the Ultimate fixes, you will also find updates of the base game and earlier DLC. Sometimes you even need the base game update in order to be able to use the newest DLC. Please refer to the included instructions inside the Ultimate fix(es).

The files in the fixes are meant to be used in their entirety. If "some files" in the fixes were really unnecessary, we wouldn't have included them. Smile

As for the error, it seems it is mostly caused by anti-virus issues. I guess you already tried moving the install folder out of "Electronic Arts" and into a different location ? And did you also delete all of the old desktop shortcuts (and created new ones) ? There is also a thread with "alternative solutions":
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t19191-unable-to-start-origin-is-currently-not-running-alternative-solutions

If that still doesn't work, and you really tried everything else, then I'm afraid you can only try re-installing Windows/Bootcamp, and starting afresh, with no "security"-software. That is, if you really want to play a cracked TS4. The programmers have done a very good job in making this game nearly impossible to crack. The circulating cracks are working, but very susceptible to any security-software, firewall, etc.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Getting Origin (d3382ced) error. Game was working fine until I added the newest ultimate fix. Empty Re: Getting Origin (d3382ced) error. Game was working fine until I added the newest ultimate fix.

Post by Guest Wed 02 Dec 2015, 03:23

Carlos wrote:
XoiRiot wrote:Title says it. I originally had TS4 base game, Get To Work, and the fix that included Luxury stuff pack. All of which are from games4theworld. I wanted the newer stuff packs and DLC, so I downloaded it, and put everything in the places it had to go. I only put in the packs I didn't have. I didn't replace the installer, game, bin, and the others. Probably the first mistake there. But after I added the packs to the TS4 file I booted up TS4 and it worked just fine, but I realized that the packs I put in weren't there. So I quit the game and I updated the folders I didn't put in at first. When I tried starting it up again it gave me the Origin error.

Welcome to the forum,

For a start, you should always apply ALL files that are included in the Ultimate fix(es) from here. It's not going to work if you "just" take the newer DLC files and put them in. In the Ultimate fixes, you will also find updates of the base game and earlier DLC. Sometimes you even need the base game update in order to be able to use the newest DLC. Please refer to the included instructions inside the Ultimate fix(es).

The files in the fixes are meant to be used in their entirety. If "some files" in the fixes were really unnecessary, we wouldn't have included them. Smile

As for the error, it seems it is mostly caused by anti-virus issues. I guess you already tried moving the install folder out of "Electronic Arts" and into a different location ? And did you also delete all of the old desktop shortcuts (and created new ones) ? There is also a thread with "alternative solutions":
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t19191-unable-to-start-origin-is-currently-not-running-alternative-solutions

If that still doesn't work, and you really tried everything else, then I'm afraid you can only try re-installing Windows/Bootcamp, and starting afresh, with no "security"-software. That is, if you really want to play a cracked TS4. The programmers have done a very good job in making this game nearly impossible to crack. The circulating cracks are working, but very susceptible to any security-software, firewall, etc.

Yeah.. That's the thing though. I don't have any anti virus, and never have. I have tried reinstalling all of TS4, and all the stuff and I still get the error. And yeah I was dumb when I didn't add all the files, but when I reinstalled it I followed every instructions told. I also tried all of the things you mentioned.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 08 Dec 2015, 14:47

XoiRiot wrote: 
Yeah.. That's the thing though. I don't have any anti virus, and never have. I have tried reinstalling all of TS4, and all the stuff and I still get the error. And yeah I was dumb when I didn't add all the files, but when I reinstalled it I followed every instructions told. I also tried all of the things you mentioned.

Sorry for the late reply,

It seems there is still a lot we need to learn about the game, and maybe we won't learn everything at all in the end. As a last resort (and if you really insist on playing a pirated Sims 4) you could - again - reinstall Windows/Bootcamp, but that would certainly be a hassle. And it's up to you.

In the past, I did suggest that to other users in the same situation, and most of them got the game working after that.

I suspect that EA or Origin could be putting files on people's computers that are blocking these games from running. Wouldn't be surprising, given the fact that another user on here said he had to change his IP address to get the game working...

Sorry we couldn't help you more here.  WhatDidUJustCallMe?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top