Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 4 requiring Origin after applying Ultimate Fix

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 4 requiring Origin after applying Ultimate Fix Empty Sims 4 requiring Origin after applying Ultimate Fix

Post by Guest Thu 03 Dec 2015, 00:53

So I downloaded the Sims 4 & Sims 4 Get to Work and installed them today. I opened TS4 after installing and it was working correctly. I installed the ultimate fix and some CC after that. When I went to open TS4 again it was giving me the Origin error so I followed the last step in the ultimate fix about moving TS4 file from Electronic Arts to Program Files(x86). I stopped getting the Origin error, but it required me to download the Origin update and now when I try to open TS4 it brings up the origin sign in screen. Is this right? I don't remember having to sign into Origin and play through it before. Is it possible I missed a step?

Back to top Go down

Sims 4 requiring Origin after applying Ultimate Fix Empty Re: Sims 4 requiring Origin after applying Ultimate Fix

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 08 Dec 2015, 15:33

americakay wrote:So I downloaded the Sims 4 & Sims 4 Get to Work and installed them today. I opened TS4 after installing and it was working correctly. I installed the ultimate fix and some CC after that. When I went to open TS4 again it was giving me the Origin error so I followed the last step in the ultimate fix about moving TS4 file from Electronic Arts to Program Files(x86). I stopped getting the Origin error, but it required me to download the Origin update and now when I try to open TS4 it brings up the origin sign in screen. Is this right? I don't remember having to sign into Origin and play through it before. Is it possible I missed a step?

Hello and welcome to the forum,

I believe you got a legit Sims 4 game on Origin. To my knowledge there is no other way that you can get prompted to download an "Origin update". If so, try the "fix" that I described here at first:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t20385-a-note-on-automatic-game-updates-for-owners-of-the-sims-4-on-origin

Following that, uninstall your Sims 4 stuff and then reinstall the (pirated) Sims 4 games in the following/correct order:
TS4 base game -> Get to Work expansion -> latest Ultimate fix.

Of course, do not run Origin when playing that pirated Sims 4. I believe EA deliberately did this thing with the automatic and default Origin updates, so as to make potential pirating attempts of Sims 4 useless, or at least more frustrating. A lot of people have just purchased the base game, and then decided to pirate the DLC, because it would be far too expensive to keep up. Good luck !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Sims 4 requiring Origin after applying Ultimate Fix Empty Re: Sims 4 requiring Origin after applying Ultimate Fix

Post by Guest Wed 09 Dec 2015, 01:45

Hi, so today I installed TS4, (tested and working), then installed GTW, (also tested and working), and finally spent several minutes with the fix, copying and pasting every file, opened all the folders and copied the files inside just like u said, and after this a get the message "Origin is currently not running. Please make sure Origin is running before attempting to play The Sims 4."
I'm sure I followed all your steps carefully, and really hope you can help me with this.
                                                        Help

Sims 4 requiring Origin after applying Ultimate Fix Captur10

I have a MacBook Pro with OS X Yosemite version 10.10.5

Thanks in advance!
Also I installed all your The Sims 3 expansions on my old PC (Windows) and they worked like a charm, thanks for that too  
                                              All Hail Carlos!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 12 Dec 2015, 06:47

Carlos wrote:
americakay wrote:So I downloaded the Sims 4 & Sims 4 Get to Work and installed them today. I opened TS4 after installing and it was working correctly. I installed the ultimate fix and some CC after that. When I went to open TS4 again it was giving me the Origin error so I followed the last step in the ultimate fix about moving TS4 file from Electronic Arts to Program Files(x86). I stopped getting the Origin error, but it required me to download the Origin update and now when I try to open TS4 it brings up the origin sign in screen. Is this right? I don't remember having to sign into Origin and play through it before. Is it possible I missed a step?

Hello and welcome to the forum,

I believe you got a legit Sims 4 game on Origin. To my knowledge there is no other way that you can get prompted to download an "Origin update". If so, try the "fix" that I described here at first:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t20385-a-note-on-automatic-game-updates-for-owners-of-the-sims-4-on-origin

Following that, uninstall your Sims 4 stuff and then reinstall the (pirated) Sims 4 games in the following/correct order:
TS4 base game -> Get to Work expansion -> latest Ultimate fix.

Of course, do not run Origin when playing that pirated Sims 4. I believe EA deliberately did this thing with the automatic and default Origin updates, so as to make potential pirating attempts of Sims 4 useless, or at least more frustrating. A lot of people have just purchased the base game, and then decided to pirate the DLC, because it would be far too expensive to keep up. Good luck !

See that's the weird thing... I did pirate the Sims 4 base game from G4TW. I ended up uninstalling everything and redownloading it all and it worked fine. Then I came across another error after a while where my game at startup would say something about missing game files or something like that. I uninstalled again and plan on reinstalling soon. Hopefully three times a charm.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 12 Dec 2015, 10:09

just put the sims 4 folder that was in program files x86 then electronic arts you will see the sims 4 file move this folder to  program files x86 and do not delete elcetronic arts if empty and  The Sims 3 plumbob happy simming  The Sims 3 plumbob

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 12 Dec 2015, 11:32

adamzaid wrote:just put the sims 4 folder that was in program files x86 then electronic arts you will see the sims 4 file move this folder to  program files x86 and do not delete elcetronic arts if empty and  The Sims 3 plumbob happy simming  The Sims 3 plumbob

Did that as well. But thank you!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 12 Dec 2015, 11:38

oh okay good luck

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 12 Dec 2015, 11:40

try reinstalling the game but before opening it exit out of origin completely  Carlos is tha man!!! Carlos is tha man!!! it worked for my friend he had the same problem before

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 12 Dec 2015, 20:47

None of those worked for me, I already told you that I followed ALL the steps, and my game is from G4TW, and I don't know why u guys don't understand but I'm trying to install this on my MAC, not a windows PC, I'm using Wineskin Winery btw, and even if I don't have origin installed it gives me that error.
That solution is the same one u give everyone, but it doesn't work for everyone with this problem. Have any of you SUCCESFULLY installed the game from G4TW on MAC?

I really appreciate all the help u guys been giving me, but I see all problems being solved but not mine...

Does this even work on a MAC?

I AM DESPERATED, I WANT TO PLAY THIS SO BAD! Sad Sad Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat 12 Dec 2015, 23:27

Hi there,

The Games4theworld version of The Sims 4 is not meant to be played on Mac OS, no. (It was not even Mac compatible when we released the base game, for as far as I recall...)
But there might be workarounds, of course. Maybe it's best if you post in the special Mac section instead: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/f32-mac-support   , since this is the Windows section. Razz

Or we can move this whole topic to that section, if you like.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 13 Dec 2015, 01:16

It works with Mac cuz the game works fine till I apply the fix.
And its suppose to work cuz I used Wineskin Winery, which allows to install and run .exe files on a mac, just like u would on a windows PC.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun 13 Dec 2015, 10:19

SinnerSlayer wrote:It works with Mac cuz the game works fine till I apply the fix.
And its suppose to work cuz I used Wineskin Winery, which allows to install and run .exe files on a mac, just like u would on a windows PC.
Ah, fair enough, I didn't read correctly.
You kept hammering that you are trying to install on a Mac. If you need special Mac assistance, I highly recommend installing in the Mac section.
If not, then we can just do the Windows troubleshooting, since it should be the same.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 13 Dec 2015, 23:38

I am also having this issue and I do not have a mac but a dell. I did everything that was instructed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 14 Dec 2015, 01:35

I found a solution I hope it works for you as well. Try using the TS4 X64.exe found in the game folder after u add get together.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 14 Dec 2015, 03:37

cindyk wrote:I found a solution I hope it works for you as well. Try using the TS4 X64.exe found in the game folder after u add get together.

This worked for me

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 14 Dec 2015, 08:00

Hi,

I also get the error. The error can be solved by applying current ultimate fix (follow instruction provide by GTW).

Good luck.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top