Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 4 CC impossible with new update?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 4 CC impossible with new update? Empty Sims 4 CC impossible with new update?

Post by Guest Wed 23 Dec 2015, 07:02

Alright, this might get a bit lengthy but I am at a loss for what to do. So if you know of a solution after you have read, I am all ears.

I have updated to the latest extension (the Sims 4 Get Together Pack), which has erased all my previous saves and CC (unsure of whether if not that was supposed to happen, but I wasn't upset.) So naturally, I just thought of going CC shopping and starting fresh. After I go to look for the Mods folder once following the instructions, I find it is not there.

Sims 4 CC impossible with new update? 9Ry4DLS

I even looked through each individual file and found that there was no Mods folder anywhere to be seen.

I tried enabling the Sims 4 Mods option in game, but every time I opened up the game, it would act as though it was never selected and start anew. With 'Welcome to Sims' pop up and everything. I repeated this multiple times, but it still wouldn't work.

Sims 4 CC impossible with new update? Z3u3lGz

So I thought, "Hey! They never told me what to do with the old Sims 4 folder in my Documents section! I'll check that out!" and went to the Mods folder that was still in there. Like I thought, all my previous CC's and Mods were untouched and that boggled me a bit. If the Mods were in there, shouldn't they be in game too? Or are they not because of the enabling that I cannot do?

Then I wondered, what If I just made my own Mods folder under the new Sims 4 folder? Maybe then it'll work! So, I thought, maybe the Resource.CFG file would be needed. I'm unsure of what happened, but when I was messing around with that, my new Sims 4 app would not open and would show the 'Origin' pop up.

Sims 4 CC impossible with new update? Apntf6c

It was strange because I had put all the new folders in the exceptions list, like the instructions had told me too (well, I put them all in just to be safe.) But now I have re-downloaded the game and it works just fine. (I have put all the folders in the exceptions list again, while my anti-virus is disabled. Again.)

Now I am coming to you for help, do you have any idea on what to do?

Back to top Go down

Sims 4 CC impossible with new update? Empty Re: Sims 4 CC impossible with new update?

Post by Sim Architect Wed 23 Dec 2015, 12:09

Hi!

Well, first I think you should have your game in the "right and usual" place, being that C:\Program Files (x86)\The Sims 4 like you had before.

Second, some mods that worked before may not work now. Try moving them out of the right folder and trying a few per time (or maybe one or two to see if they work, you can even try to rename your present Sims 4 folder in your Documents to force the game into creating a new folder, then you try modding that temporary clean install to see what happens.

Just some ideas, of course Wink

Please, keep us posted on your advances, so we can help you better and, of course, your experience can help thousands of other simmers!

Tea 5 Tea 5
Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator
The Gray Eminence :p
G4TW HONORARY Moderator The Gray Eminence :p

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Plants vs Zombies, The Sims 3, Cities Skylines, The Sims 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Sims 4 CC impossible with new update? Empty Re: Sims 4 CC impossible with new update?

Post by Guest Wed 23 Dec 2015, 21:21

I apologize, but are you referring to the one in my Documents?

Because the new Sims 4 folder (with the update) is in my C:\Program Files (x86) but the old one is in the Documents, causing me to have two Sims 4 folders. (but only one of them has the application, which is the C:\Program Files (x86) one)

If that's the case, I went ahead and merged them together to make one folder in my C:\Program Files (x86) but nothing really changed. The only thing that did change was the fact my CC/Mods option is now enabled ingame. (but I'm nearly 100% certain that me merging folders was not the cause of this)

Now I'm wondering, if the option is now enabled, wouldn't there be a Mods folder created by the game or am I wrong? Because if it did, I cannot find it. (the only Mods folder around is the one from my Documents, but even now merged, they do not appear in game). So maybe, me merging them together did nothing and there is I am missing.

I guess I can now attempt to take all the Mods/CC out and put them in one by one.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sim Architect Thu 24 Dec 2015, 00:36

Hi again, @meguriinee!

Yes, I meant the one inside the Documents.

About merging the folders, it should be fine, how you did it depends on which installer you used etc. Anyway, the new files (from Get Together and, if it is the case, from the Ultimate Fix from G4TW) have to be overwritting the old ones from the base game (and previous expansions) when they coincide as you merge them.

The mods folder should be inside The Sims 4 in your Documents, you have to do things the same way you did before, when you installed the mods back then (if you didn't just keep using the same The Sims 4 folder inside your Documents you already had).

This is how you install Mods & CC in The Sims 4: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t18175-how-to-install-custom-content-in-ts4-package-files-script-mods-custom-sims-lots-updated-on-21-03-2015

Please, let us know how things are going, so we can assist you better on your next steps, if you don't figure things out with that link above.

Thanks!

Tea 5 Tea 5
Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator
The Gray Eminence :p
G4TW HONORARY Moderator The Gray Eminence :p

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Plants vs Zombies, The Sims 3, Cities Skylines, The Sims 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 27 Dec 2015, 10:20

I thank you so much for your help, but I've finally been able to solve my problem!

I think the problem was the Ultimate Fix overriding the new update, because what I did was wipe all Sims 4 data from my computer and began anew.

I first installed the base game, then the Get to Work update and finally the Get Together update (deleting the Ultimate Fix update all together)! Once I ran my game, everything was fine, also the CC/Mods option was instantly enabled.

I wondered about the Mods, so I went into the Sims 4 folder in my documents and put a little of my old CC as well as new ones and they showed up in game! So now I have input all of my new and old CC and the game runs just like it did before once again (Except now, I have the Get Together expansion pack too)!

Thank you so much for your support!

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 27 Dec 2015, 11:32

meguriinee wrote:I thank you so much for your help, but I've finally been able to solve my problem!

I think the problem was the Ultimate Fix overriding the new update, because what I did was wipe all Sims 4 data from my computer and began anew.

I first installed the base game, then the Get to Work update and finally the Get Together update (deleting the Ultimate Fix update all together)! Once I ran my game, everything was fine, also the CC/Mods option was instantly enabled.

I wondered about the Mods, so I went into the Sims 4 folder in my documents and put a little of my old CC as well as new ones and they showed up in game! So now I have input all of my new and old CC and the game runs just like it did before once again (Except now, I have the Get Together expansion pack too)!

Thank you so much for your support!

That's good to hear. Very Happy  But keep in mind that the current (!) Ultimate actually doesn't add the Get together-content. I'm not sure about this thing with the "enable CC", but maybe I'll test that myself later on.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top