Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 4 won't load any households

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 4 won't load any households Empty Sims 4 won't load any households

Post by Guest Sun 27 Dec 2015, 14:07

Hello, 

I'm having a problem with the new DLC Get Together. 
After I make a new sim or even load a played family I can't get to play anything. 
Gets stuck in loading screen forever. Keeps loading and doesn't want to enter the household. 
I don't know if someone encountered this already, but please help I really want to play since I waited for this forever. 
I will try re-installing the ultimate fix. 

Happy Holidays!

Back to top Go down

Sims 4 won't load any households Empty Re: Sims 4 won't load any households

Post by Guest Sun 27 Dec 2015, 16:22

Apparently it's from my mods. Is there a way or a program someone can recommend to find out what mods are broken?
I can play with no problems without mods and scripts, but it's no fun.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 27 Dec 2015, 16:44

Remove all your mods, and start adding them again in groups. Add for example 5 mods, try if the game runs. As soon as the game crashes, you know that one of those mods is broken. 
If you have a lot of mods, you can add more mods at once.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 28 Dec 2015, 07:56

Hello, I do have a lot of them including script ones. I will do that in a free day! Thanks

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 01 Jan 2016, 03:04

Emma4ang3l wrote:Apparently it's from my mods. Is there a way or a program someone can recommend to find out what mods are broken?

Hello and sorry for the late reply,

There was something similar for Sims 3 back then (called "Delphi's dashboard"), but it was highly unreliable. I don't know if there is anything similar in TS4. Also, the method with taking out mods in groups is good, but it will be problematic if more than one mod causes problems for you.

Eventually, you might end up having to test your mods one-by-one. 

I would focus especially on your script mods. Remove all of the old script mods, and see if newer versions are available on the sites. For the moment, you can leave things like makeup, hair, etc. in the game. These things are less problematic than script mods.

Ultimately, most of the responsibility to take care of outdated mods and stuff, lies solely with the player. I'm not even sure if it was technically possible to come up with a "magical tool" that detects all mod conflicts in a reliable manner.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 05 Jan 2016, 10:34

Carlos wrote:
Emma4ang3l wrote:Apparently it's from my mods. Is there a way or a program someone can recommend to find out what mods are broken?

Hello and sorry for the late reply,

There was something similar for Sims 3 back then (called "Delphi's dashboard"), but it was highly unreliable. I don't know if there is anything similar in TS4. Also, the method with taking out mods in groups is good, but it will be problematic if more than one mod causes problems for you.

Eventually, you might end up having to test your mods one-by-one. 

I would focus especially on your script mods. Remove all of the old script mods, and see if newer versions are available on the sites. For the moment, you can leave things like makeup, hair, etc. in the game. These things are less problematic than script mods.

Ultimately, most of the responsibility to take care of outdated mods and stuff, lies solely with the player. I'm not even sure if it was technically possible to come up with a "magical tool" that detects all mod conflicts in a reliable manner.
Hello Carlos, 

Thank you so much for the information. I will try that.
Sorry for the late reply. Happy New Year and I think this topic can be closed.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 05 Jan 2016, 21:15

Emma4ang3l wrote:Hello Carlos, 

Thank you so much for the information. I will try that.
Sorry for the late reply. Happy New Year and I think this topic can be closed.

No worries about the late reply, and you're welcome (a happy new year to you and your family too, by the way !). Smile  You can post back here whenever anything new happens, and if you eventually find out which mod or CC causes the issue, you can also post the name of the item here if you like.

I'll leave the thread open for the time being, then. 

I tip my fedora.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top