Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sims 4 (Toddlers & Vampires) Households won't load.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Sims 4 (Toddlers & Vampires) Households won't load. Empty The Sims 4 (Toddlers & Vampires) Households won't load.

Post by Guest Mon 29 May 2017, 16:46

Hello, I have been trying to load a household on the Sims 4, but ever since I installed the Toddlers & Vampires update pack, my households will not load.
Whenever I click Play, it asks me which family I want to load in. I load in my current household that I play on. It brings me to the map to click on their house, and I click play.
Whenever I click play though, it always stays on the plumbob loading screen. I also tried different saves, same thing always happens. 
Please get back to me ASAP!

Back to top Go down

The Sims 4 (Toddlers & Vampires) Households won't load. Empty Re: The Sims 4 (Toddlers & Vampires) Households won't load.

Post by Guest Mon 29 May 2017, 17:57

Hi and welcome to the forum! Smile

Have you tried pasting this fix into your Sims 4 folder?

Back to top Go down

The Sims 4 (Toddlers & Vampires) Households won't load. Empty Re: The Sims 4 (Toddlers & Vampires) Households won't load.

Post by Guest Thu 01 Jun 2017, 23:33

I have the same problem any fixes ?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 02 Jun 2017, 15:46

Hi @Godfatherlolz ,

Have you updated to the 1.30 patch yet? And the infinite loading screen is back?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 02 Jun 2017, 17:40

Hi, I also have a problem like this; slightly different but very much in the same vein. I used to have the infinite loading problem, but after trying a number of fixes, I've managed to get a new problem where it starts to let me load a household, but then kicks me back to the neighborhood screen. I have tried a LOT of suggestions for this, and still nothing. Any suggestions?

EDIT:

Forgot that this thread was for Toddlers and Vampires, when my problem is with the new Parenthood update. I hear that this is a known, and as of yet unfixed problem, but I will still hope something can be done.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 02 Jun 2017, 18:57

Hi @Quixote ,

Do you happen to have any mods installed as well? I suggest removing them and see if it still happens. Also, try to moves the saves folder out as well, meaning a new save file will be regenerated and see if you still get kick out the the map. 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 02 Jun 2017, 19:18

Ageha wrote:Do you happen to have any mods installed as well? I suggest removing them and see if it still happens. Also, try to moves the saves folder out as well, meaning a new save file will be regenerated and see if you still get kick out the the map. 

Thanks for suggesting these, but unfortunately I have already tried them. No luck. Still happening. I have regenerated the Sims 4 folder in My Documents a number of times, each to no avail.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 02 Jun 2017, 19:32

I see. Try to move your UserSetting.ini and Options.ini to desktop. 

This problem seems like a corrupted save (which spread to the whole town) and the tedious method to see is to actually bulldoze every lot and house hold in town. (I don't really recommend till the last resort however)

Unfortunately I don't have the 'exact' solution for this problem currently. 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 02 Jun 2017, 19:41

Actually, I found a fix. Don't know if it'll work for everyone, but definitely did for me. Use the fix here:

https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t30280-possible-fix-for-certain-missing-interactions-in-parenthood-gp-g4tw-parenthood-repack

Thanks for your help!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 02 Jun 2017, 19:46

Oops! Is the problem related though? Might suggest the fix to other similar users i've replied to. Thanks for the heads up!

Also, glad to hear yours is working now.
Happy Simming~! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 03 Jun 2017, 02:29

See that's the thing; the problem is TOTALLY unrelated, but for whatever reason, it still works. Worth a try for the others at least!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 03 Jun 2017, 11:18

What helped me was re-applying everything from Get to work up to parenthood. As if I was doing a clean install. This even got rid of a sever lagging issue I had. Oh, and I forget to mention that during that r-install I had my windows defender completely closed and the firewall as well. ( running windows 10 this means in windows defender advanced options settings you have to shift three sliders to the off position. )This I did even though I have everything sims 4 related excluded on my computer. I tried the same without closing down those things, and it did not work. Maybe this is the trick? Try it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top