Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New To This. Issue with Sims Medieval

View previous topic View next topic Go down

New To This. Issue with Sims Medieval Empty New To This. Issue with Sims Medieval

Post by Guest Thu 13 Oct 2011, 21:55

I got the base game, installed it and replaced the files like the instructions said. Tried to start game and got this error:

"Unable to Start Game
Service initilization failed (0x039e8474)"

So I found the ultimate fix for Sims Medieval. Tried that, followed all the instructions to a T. Still didn't work, still getting the same error. So I sifted through posts here on the forum for a while and tried uninstalling, restart, re install, replace files with ultimate fix. And...

Still the exact same error.
Am I missing something here? The launcher loads, no updates because it says I have the latest version. I keep seeing people mentioning "mounting"?? Never downloaded anything this way (always used to use stuff like Limewire, Bearshare, Katz.cd)
Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!!
M. Noob Help

Back to top Go down

New To This. Issue with Sims Medieval Empty Re: New To This. Issue with Sims Medieval

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Thu 13 Oct 2011, 22:05

Hello,
You could try starting the game without the launcher. This post describes how to do that with The Sims 3, but it also applies to Medieval, just look for its game\bin to find the .exe to start the game.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

New To This. Issue with Sims Medieval Empty Re: New To This. Issue with Sims Medieval

Post by Guest Thu 13 Oct 2011, 22:07

Yep. Tried that too. I saw on one of the posts where it says to only use winrar to get the files... So I'm uninstalling again.. and going to start over from scratch

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Thu 13 Oct 2011, 22:23

Hello,
Yes that could also be a problem, please let us know if using Winrar and installing again works.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 13 Oct 2011, 22:26

Ah.. So far so good!!! Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Narong30 Thu 13 Oct 2011, 22:55

illusion_mistress wrote:Yep. Tried that too. I saw on one of the posts where it says to only use winrar to get the files... So I'm uninstalling again.. and going to start over from scratch

Just for your information, all Games4theworld uploads must be extracted using WinRar. Otherwise, you'll face error all the time. This is fact Smile It's because, we're using WinRar to rip/.rar it Smile

By the way, your reply "So far..So good" mean you solved the problem? or you just can begin with the installation? if everything working fine, we'll mark this topic as "SOLVED"
Narong30
Narong30
G4TW RETIRED Moderator
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderator Discharged with Honors

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Favourite games : Call Of Duty ( 4,6 ) , Warcraft 3 frozen throne ( Dota )

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top