Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is sims medieval having a ea issue or is this do the the files downloaded here.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Is sims medieval having a ea issue or is this do the the files downloaded here. Empty Is sims medieval having a ea issue or is this do the the files downloaded here.

Post by Guest Wed 30 Mar 2011, 20:18

I can't seem to get a straight answer on this one, to be honest.

I have downloaded the TSM respected files and followed the directions for installation of both the game and the ultimate fix.

Installed TSM

Copied over the files from the Medieval folder

Then I attempted to run the update through the launcher

When I go to update the game I am told that is is already up-to-date and the launcher will not run an update.

As I could not get updated cause it said it already was I accepted that and so moved the files over from the crack folder as directed.

I am not sure if I now have an incompatible version between game and launcher or not as it does not show a version number on the launcher.

The game will run for a while and then I get a message saying that the simlauncher has stop working however I am running the game using the tsm.exe exe not the simlauncher.exe. The game then is locked and CTD. This seems related the the launcher but why would the launcher be called by the game so that it crashes - I have not clicked the open launcher in the ... (options) cmmands.

Also, it will not allow me to open the options dialog box by clicking on the ... button and then clicking options so I can do things like turning off the reflection and lower the direct draw settings. I was able to change them using the options.ini file that is generated once the game is played but not all the settings in the options.ini change the options in game. I was able to set reflections off but was unsure of what the direct draw setting should be and when changing it to run in windows mode it does not work even though the option in is the options.ini file. Granted I could be looking at the wrong ini file to change that option in, so this could be all me.

Besides the option issue I am still CTD pretty frequently, I can play by saving really frequently but I still lose some parts of work I do in furnish mode where I cannot save the game. I save the game after each room I furnish or every quest and so on but its really annoying and taking a lot longer then if it was not failing every 10 to 15 minutes. I suspect this maybe an EA problem but the others may not be. Its hard to determine which is which, since I have tried all the things that are supposed to be work-a-rounds and they have not worked around the problem.

The only work-a-round that I cannot do, but no one should be able to change the DEP setting as TSM has to run in protected mode. This was also fixed in Late Night (finally) so that DEP no longer had to be set by the end-user. Since it will not allow to change the DEP setting (it says that the game has to run in DEP mode and you cannot set DEP for TSM.exe or any .exe in TSM.

I am hoping that there is some miracle out there that will let me update TSM and possibly also solve the crashing issue.

Thank you in advance fo any advise you can offer to this.

Back to top Go down

Is sims medieval having a ea issue or is this do the the files downloaded here. Empty Re: Is sims medieval having a ea issue or is this do the the files downloaded here.

Post by m4dm4n Thu 31 Mar 2011, 00:54

There will be a patch released by EA shortly to fix the crashing issues that seem to plague this game, some of which you are experiencing. The DEP settings issue should also be addressed with EA patch that is coming soon, by eliminating the need to change DEP settings for Medieval. Patience is needed, since this is still a relatively brand new game and has some issues.
m4dm4n
m4dm4n
G4TW RETIRED Moderator
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderator Discharged with Honors

Favourite games : The Sims 3, Red Eclipse, Nexuiz, Fallout 3/New Vegas, Regnum Online: Warmasters

Male

Back to top Go down

Is sims medieval having a ea issue or is this do the the files downloaded here. Empty Re: Is sims medieval having a ea issue or is this do the the files downloaded here.

Post by Guest Thu 31 Mar 2011, 01:24

Thank you, that basically is what I needed to hear since EA Support is denying that there any problems that cannot be solved with just closing background programs (of course) ...

And re-installing the game to allow it to update property (it does not) ...

or to use their manual patcher for the first update (which changes the TSM.ini and TSM.exe so that they will not work....

It is frustrating on both sides of the issue when a game is released with unfinished business hanging out there , so I can't not show anything but patience for the fixed files coming out whenever they do. I just hope this will address the CTD issue since they knew of some crashing issue that they thought they were squishing in the upgrade release or so EA tech support says (of course)...

This information actually makes a great deal more sense although I know TS3 Late Night still has some CTD issues that are related to some bugs in TS3 LN - granted most of the CTD issues were user settings and failure to update drivers - and many other end users issues, but there are some (still) unresolved CTD issues which EA has said it was patching - and we still wait for that patch. So, yes, patience id the word of the day, week, month, new expansion pack Smile We have heard over and over how the TS3 LN devs are working on/testing a fix but its been a while and one more stuff pack and we still wait - its been along time in coming for those very few still having TS3 CTD issues.

Back to top Go down

Post by m4dm4n Thu 31 Mar 2011, 01:31

Storm wrote:Thank you, that basically is what I needed to hear since EA Support is denying that there any problems that cannot be solved with just closing background programs (of course) ...

And re-installing the game to allow it to update property (it does not) ...

or to use their manual patcher for the first update (which changes the TSM.ini and TSM.exe so that they will not work....

It is frustrating on both sides of the issue when a game is released with unfinished business hanging out there , so I can't not show anything but patience for the fixed files coming out whenever they do. I just hope this will address the CTD issue since they knew of some crashing issue that they thought they were squishing in the upgrade release or so EA tech support says (of course)...

This information actually makes a great deal more sense although I know TS3 Late Night still has some CTD issues that are related to some bugs in TS3 LN - granted most of the CTD issues were user settings and failure to update drivers - and many other end users issues, but there are some (still) unresolved CTD issues which EA has said it was patching - and we still wait for that patch. So, yes, patience id the word of the day, week, month, new expansion pack Smile We have heard over and over how the TS3 LN devs are working on/testing a fix but its been a while and one more stuff pack and we still wait - its been along time in coming for those very few still having TS3 CTD issues.

Welcome to the world of closed source gaming. I personally can't wait until La Vida (an open source clone of The Sims) finishes development, and being that it is opened source, the code and issues get cleaned up quite a bit quicker.

My plan for Medieval is to wait for a good patch to come down the pipes that wipes out 90% of the current issues it is experiencing. As for Sims 3 Late Night, I've had maybe 2 ctd issues that were solved by updating my video drivers and rolling back my sound card driver (Linux, btw).
m4dm4n
m4dm4n
G4TW RETIRED Moderator
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderator Discharged with Honors

Favourite games : The Sims 3, Red Eclipse, Nexuiz, Fallout 3/New Vegas, Regnum Online: Warmasters

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 31 Mar 2011, 12:42

I actually had one CTD on one machine with LN but no problem with it on another so I knew then I had a user issue on the desktop machine as the laptop ran it like a champ without even a flutter in framerate. Pretty much gave me an answer not to look at EA for a fix and look for whatever was set on the Desktop that was wrongly set and did not exist in the LabTop as a setting. That was pretty quickly diagnosed and I have not had any issues - but you can't read a forum with hear the war stories of the CTD crowd so it does bring out the need to fix something for some people.

I usually buy the pre-order to get the 'bonus gift' and then let it sit in the box for a while until the horror stories subside and people are having fun with the game after a few patches. This time, I did wait a few weeks and then thought it was safe to est the waters... apparently not yet Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 01 Apr 2011, 05:08

I have heard that there has been a patch # 2 for Medieval release today (few hours ago)...

The problem I am having is that after install of the base game from here it thinks its been updated and that is what the launcher tells me and so instead of having a update to install it does not offer one. So the ultimate fix can't be installed even for the first update since it thinks it is already installed.

I have installed and uninstalled and re-installed TSM several times now thinking that the issues I have been having might be my own fault as I might have applied something incorrectly. I also clean the registry each time to make sure I am not leaving any issues in the wake of the uninstall. No matter what I do (and by now I know the install steps by heart and I know I am doing it according to instructions). No matter what I do, right or wrong, the game launcher sees the game as up to date and will not offer a patch. Do you know if the manual patches have been released by EA for those that cannot install through the use of the launcher.

Also, when I try to play (without updating) the game still crashes to desktop, but that is a common issue apparently, and is fixed in the second update released by EA today. But that further worries me as I cannot get the launcher to to recognize that the game needs to be updated.

Any help or ideas would be appreciated.

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top