Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Slight confusion over what to download

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Slight confusion over what to download Empty Slight confusion over what to download

Post by Guest Sun 27 Dec 2015, 19:01

Hello,

I'm trying to download all Sims 4 content from G4TW. It's a Christmas present from you to me, I feel, and I thank you for that. Smile 

I don't really know what to download to get all of it working. I'm trying to apply this ultimate fix found here: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t18086-the-sims-4-ultimate-fix

But I read that the Ultimate fix needs GTW and GT expansions. So I went here: https://www.games4theworld.org/downloads and started downloading Sims4, Sims4GTW and Sims4GT.

After I download those three games, do I have to download the ultimate fix as well, or after all 3 are installed, I'm good to go?

Thank you for clarification, and I hope I didn't break any forum rules for posting at wrong boards. Smile

Back to top Go down

Slight confusion over what to download Empty Re: Slight confusion over what to download

Post by Admin Sun 27 Dec 2015, 21:51

Hi there,

Try the up-to-date installation guide here: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t21806-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-4-correctly
After doing those steps in that exact order, you should be good to go. Smile

We'll keep this topic open for you. Should you run into any issues during the process, please let us know!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Slight confusion over what to download Empty Re: Slight confusion over what to download

Post by Guest Mon 28 Dec 2015, 10:21

Last edited by DJ. on Thu 24 Mar 2016, 18:52; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 28 Dec 2015, 13:11

DJ. wrote:Hmm, that's interesting. Why exactly is it advised to move the game away from its installation directory?

Because chances are that your game won't start up, if you leave the install folder of "The Sims 4", inside the Electronic Arts-subfolder. Not sure why, but maybe that was some kind of mistake, by RELOADED, when creating those files. It's not because of the registry: it doesn't matter where you move the folder, you can leave the registry entries intact. You only need to move the install folder out of "Electronic Arts", and for example, directly under Program Files(x86).
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top