Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Slight freezes upon clicking any Sim

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Slight freezes upon clicking any Sim Empty Slight freezes upon clicking any Sim

Post by Guest Fri 07 Sep 2012, 21:20

Greetings.

I was unable to find a direct answer to this anywhere, so please bear with me even if it isn't some unique error.

My game runs fine and smooth, when Supernatural came out, I have uninstalled (the total uninstall with registry and hidden folders) and re-installed everything (step by step by your guide, with Ultimate fix) and everything works great... Except for when I click Sim, any sim, from a stray dog to my active Sim, the game freezes for 1-3 seconds before the menu pops up. When I click any other object in game, no such thing happens. It is playable, yet very, very irritating after a while.

I have tried complete reinstal, running without any mods, running old saves, starting new games, all towns, reset sims, reset towns (mastercontroller), running on lowest settings - but it always happens like nothing changed.

I would be really grateful for any guesses as to what might cause that.

PS: I have the Sims 3 and all expansions + some older store stuff for houses and clothes.

Thanks in advance,
Elvi

Back to top Go down

Slight freezes upon clicking any Sim Empty Re: Slight freezes upon clicking any Sim

Post by Admin Fri 07 Sep 2012, 22:16

Hello,

Welcoem to the Forum!
Try these, please: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t4692-game-lag-possible-fixes
Especially step 6 is very useful!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Slight freezes upon clicking any Sim Empty Re: Slight freezes upon clicking any Sim

Post by Guest Fri 07 Sep 2012, 23:06

Thanks, but I don't think this is the same thing. I don't have lag, general performance issues or freezes by themself, I only get a very short "freeze" when the action menu (Frindly / Funny / Special / etc) is opening on sims (not on any other objects).

In my uneducated opinion, it's not performance issue, my computer isn't exactly supreme power, but it's well enough to run Sims on highest, seems more like the game itself is looking for something when the menu is supposed to open. I know how the issues described in your post look like (Had it, use the NRaas mods) and this isn't it.

Back to top Go down

Post by invalidusername Fri 07 Sep 2012, 23:32

But did you try using gamebooster? That can actually help a lot, even if it doesn't help this exact problem.
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 07 Sep 2012, 23:44

Yep, I actually have that for a long time. Frankly, pretty much anything from Iobit is pretty cool in my insignificant opinion.
In this case tho, I don't see any difference no matter how clean my registry is or whether the Gamebooster is or isn't active. Which is another reason why I think this has nothing to do with actual performance.

Back to top Go down

Post by invalidusername Sat 08 Sep 2012, 03:22

Hmmmm. Try dragging your sims 3 folder out of your documents folder to the desktop so the game has to create a new one and try playing.
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 08 Sep 2012, 07:43

Ok. That actually did it. No delay when clicking on sim.
But... Since I already reinstalled once (deleting of this folder included), I'm a bit confused as to what causes it. I also tryied deleting all cache, saves and mods before and nothing changed. + No delay even if I swich all settings back to what I had.

Noticed all content from store is missing tho, so I guess that is it, unless there are some other magical files I don't know about (and that is very possible, as I don't know about a lot).
If the store items (Which I considered vanilla, thus not causing problems) are "it" do you think there is a way to fix it, or find what exactly causes it? Subquestion: And why now, since before Supernatural I had the very same store items as I do now, nothing new added.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sat 08 Sep 2012, 10:41

Hello,

I don't think it's the store items to be honest. But it could be one of your caches that was causing the problem, even if this is a fresh install. You never know, something could've gotten messed up.

In my opinion it's safe to reinstall your store content.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 08 Sep 2012, 12:29

Well, it seems like it is the store content - just reinstalled it and the freezes are back. Just a reminder, the short freeze occurs when, and only when I click a Sim (animals included) to open the "action" menu, no other freezing present.
Note: It's not "actual" freeze, all animations, sounds, etc continue to play, just the Sims stop moving.

I now officially declare I have no idea whatsoever, as to what the hell is going on and will be grateful for any other suggestions.

Back to top Go down

Post by invalidusername Sat 08 Sep 2012, 14:31

How much extra store content do you have in your game?
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 09 Sep 2012, 12:12

Well, I don't think I can say a number, but quite a lot. The pack which I believe is the store content is about 1.35 Gb, mostly housing stuff and female clothing.

Two important things tho, I have no (overly evident) lag or freezes in CAS and/or buy mode and I had the same pack +- few items before I got Supernatural and I had no freezes (or delay if you wish) while opening the action menu.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sun 09 Sep 2012, 20:47

Hello,

Do you also have the store patch? You're prompted when you open the launcher.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 11 Sep 2012, 14:36

Sorry, was away for a day or two.
Either way, this will sound noobish, but I'm not absolutely sure what do you mean. I guess I do, as I'm not propmted to do anything when the laucher starts, and since I've recently reinstalled and then updated everything that seemed to be updateable, then I guess I do have it.

On other note, I have deleted about a half of the store content I had, but the freeze ingame didn't disapper nor get shorter, so I'd say it's not that it would cause a performance issue as in "Bzzt, too much to load, going down". Really looks more like no store content = no delay, any store content = 2s freeze on menu.

Back to top Go down

Post by invalidusername Tue 11 Sep 2012, 16:51

That's really strange. I guess this might just end up being a choice between your extra items and having a little freeze every time you click a sim.
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 11 Sep 2012, 18:38

Well, I can't say I understand why is this happening (and why it wasn't when I had game ver. 1.36), but well.

If the reason can't be found, could I ask for something else? Any idea if there is any program or a way to see wht item s what outside of the game? I'd like to try and delete the store content part-by-part, starting with things I don't really use to see if the delay goes away, but the launcher only shows small orange boxes for most of the items and the name aren't overly informative either.

Back to top Go down

Post by invalidusername Tue 11 Sep 2012, 20:01

I use ccmagic, and that shows thumbnails, but only if they were installed separately, and not as sets. I believe that Sims 3 Package Editor can show you what's inside each, but I'm not entirely sure on how to work it yet.
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Tue 11 Sep 2012, 21:26

Hello,

You can also do that with Merlin, it also works with packages.
The package editor can show you what's inside, but if you have a "set" sims3pack, you won't be able to take away 1 object for example. You can do that if you extract the sims3packs first, which will get you a bunch of packages. But then again if you wanted to delete 1 object, Merlin is probably easier to use. You'd have to install the remaining objects as packages though.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top