Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Very Odd Make-Up Glitch.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Very Odd Make-Up Glitch. Empty Very Odd Make-Up Glitch.

Post by Guest Tue 29 Dec 2015, 22:02

A few weeks ago i posted a different topic talking about another issue I had, whenever I placed invisible lights from the BuyDebug menu, my game would be get stuck saving, I solved this by deleting two packages called "StoreFix_Fixes.package" and "StoreFix_Decrap_Fixes.package". Yesterday I went into my make up and noticed TWO glitches i don't know how to fix. 1. I will click on cc makeup and either face paint make up will be applied ore different makeup will be applied. 2. I cannot recolor any of my makeup, even EA makeup. The button used to change the makeup color is greyed out. I cannot click on it unless I click on the makeup I want, switch to edit the sims eyes  or mouth and then switch back to makeup. I really need help, I don't know if this happens with clothing because i didnt check yet.
I will try removing some of my recently installed packages little by little to see if this goes away

Back to top Go down

Very Odd Make-Up Glitch. Empty Re: Very Odd Make-Up Glitch.

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 31 Dec 2015, 01:34

BubblegumHD wrote:A few weeks ago i posted a different topic talking about another issue I had, whenever I placed invisible lights from the BuyDebug menu, my game would be get stuck saving, I solved this by deleting two packages called "StoreFix_Fixes.package" and "StoreFix_Decrap_Fixes.package". Yesterday I went into my make up and noticed TWO glitches i don't know how to fix. 1. I will click on cc makeup and either face paint make up will be applied ore different makeup will be applied. 2. I cannot recolor any of my makeup, even EA makeup. The button used to change the makeup color is greyed out. I cannot click on it unless I click on the makeup I want, switch to edit the sims eyes  or mouth and then switch back to makeup. I really need help, I don't know if this happens with clothing because i didnt check yet.
I will try removing some of my recently installed packages little by little to see if this goes away

Hello again,

Try deleting the following files: CASPartCache.package, scriptCache.package, compositorCache.package, and simCompositorCache.package. They are located in My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3. Then try the make-up again.

As for your previous issue with the store-fixes, I think someone else replied to you there. I'm sorry to hear that the current store fixes don't seem to work for you. I compiled and tested them myself back then, and for most people it seemed to have actually resolved the issue with the endless saving (see this topic, if you like). If you have any old store fix files, that you downloaded either from G4TW or elsewhere, please make sure to delete them. Also, it is possible that the endless saving could also be due to problems with the savefile. If you want, try making an experimental new savegame, and buy one of those invisible lights. Then try saving again. 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 31 Dec 2015, 02:55

Thank you for replying! I deleted the files you've told me to delete and the only thing that was fixed was "I will click on cc makeup and either face paint make up will be applied or different makeup will be applied." The recoloring problem is still present

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 31 Dec 2015, 03:00

BubblegumHD wrote:Thank you for replying! I deleted the files you've told me to delete and the only thing that was fixed was "I will click on cc makeup and either face paint make up will be applied or different makeup will be applied." The recoloring problem is still present

I'm afraid I'm out of explanations for now. WhatDidUJustCallMe?  It could be an issue related to that CC makeup itself. Does that occur with all your CC makeup, by the way ?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 31 Dec 2015, 03:07

Yes it does ):

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 31 Dec 2015, 06:54

BubblegumHD wrote:Yes it does ):

Feel free to link me to one of these makeup items, and I will try it myself next time I play Sims 3. Smile  But note that I don't regularly play TS3 these days; at least not as frequent as I used to in the past, so my feedback can take a little while to come. By default, you should get e-mail notifications for topic replies. But you should be able to re-activate them in your profile options, too.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top