Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Any news or updates on this wonderful trick ?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Any news or updates on this wonderful trick ? Empty Any news or updates on this wonderful trick ?

Post by Guest Mon 04 Jan 2016, 21:11

Thank you to original poster for trick, and to all others who have added advice and tips on how to make it work.
This trick has worked for me in the past.

My glassblowing and jewelry making station has the infamous "white box" glitch, and I am trying to re-download the sims3pack in order to fix missing accessories, according to a tutorial i found at nona's sims.
However, it is not working for me today, and youtube took down the video due to an EA claim, so link above to video no longer works of course.

I am wondering if EA finally got around to closing this loophole, since they did get around to having the youtube video taken down?
If it is working for others today, can you advise on the correct place to have cursor when right-clicking for page source? (this is how I got it to work for me in the past, but no matter where I click now, the page source does not contain "sims3pack")

I have made sure no other instances of chrome are open, so the source view is only of the exchange page.
I have made sure i am on the item page, not a category page. Except - the glassblowing station is not currently available as a stand-alone item, so I am on the venue page, where you can buy the entire Prism Art Studio for simpoints.

Many thanks in advance to anyone who has advice.

Back to top Go down

Any news or updates on this wonderful trick ? Empty Re: Any news or updates on this wonderful trick ?

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 06 Jan 2016, 06:48

febrifuga wrote:Thank you to original poster for trick, and to all others who have added advice and tips on how to make it work.
This trick has worked for me in the past.

My glassblowing and jewelry making station has the infamous "white box" glitch, and I am trying to re-download the sims3pack in order to fix missing accessories, according to a tutorial i found at nona's sims.
However, it is not working for me today, and youtube took down the video due to an EA claim, so link above to video no longer works of course.

I am wondering if EA finally got around to closing this loophole, since they did get around to having the youtube video taken down?
If it is working for others today, can you advise on the correct place to have cursor when right-clicking for page source? (this is how I got it to work for me in the past, but no matter where I click now, the page source does not contain "sims3pack")

I have made sure no other instances of chrome are open, so the source view is only of the exchange page.
I have made sure i am on the item page, not a category page. Except - the glassblowing station is not currently available as a stand-alone item, so I am on the venue page, where you can buy the entire Prism Art Studio for simpoints.

Many thanks in advance to anyone who has advice.

//MOVED 

Hello and welcome to the forum,

I moved your post to the correct section. Smile  That said, the .sims3pack for the prism art studio (the store item that you seem to be looking for) is NOT available for free download on the "Sims 3 exchange". But you can download it from the thread I posted back then, on the forum here:

https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t17418-prism-art-studio-world-of-wonder-set-brunch-at-the-old-mill-skylight-studio

Download the "Prism Art Studio" there, and install the .sims3pack. And in order to fix the glitch with the white boxes, please download the store fixes from this link here:
https://goo.gl/pTZXWn

Instructions on how to apply these files are included in the .RAR. 

Good luck for now, and feel free to keep us posted on the issue. 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Any news or updates on this wonderful trick ? Empty Re: Any news or updates on this wonderful trick ?

Post by Guest Fri 08 Jan 2016, 20:13

Thank you for the Prism Art Studio files. I was able to re-install my set and it is working without glitches at the moment.

I am however having "launcher update" problems similar to others I have seen reported here. My game is from the G4TW torrent, and I have your current "store fixes" too. I always run my game from the TS3w.exe shortcut I placed on my desktop, bypassing the launcher, and it works great. I only use the launcher to install CC i may get from places like TSR and MTS, and to install my own CAW worlds. Apart from the glassblowing glitch, everything worked pretty good until the "launcher update."

I also found EA's notice that the the "new launcher/download manager" does not work with CAW, so I definitely will NOT be updating to that.... since I spend as much time making my own worlds as I do building houses and community lots, CAW is just as important to me as the games themselves.

Since it appears the launcher will not work unless it is updated, I have been using DELPHY'S multi-extractor to convert .sims3pack files into .package files and just putting them in my mods folder (or library, etc. whichever folder is appropriate).

Not sure I want to hassle with this for my custom worlds though, since when I export a world from CAW, it goes to the game folders as a .sims3pack file. I know there are tutorials out there on installing worlds without the launcher, but I think I'll see if disconnecting from the internet and using the launcher off-line works, as was reported here by MadameRouge. (https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/u31115)

Thanks again for your help and time. I really appreciate G4TW!

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 11 Jan 2016, 17:39

febrifuga wrote:Thank you for the Prism Art Studio files. I was able to re-install my set and it is working without glitches at the moment.

I am however having "launcher update" problems similar to others I have seen reported here. My game is from the G4TW torrent, and I have your current "store fixes" too. I always run my game from the TS3w.exe shortcut I placed on my desktop, bypassing the launcher, and it works great. I only use the launcher to install CC i may get from places like TSR and MTS, and to install my own CAW worlds. Apart from the glassblowing glitch, everything worked pretty good until the "launcher update."

I also found EA's notice that the the "new launcher/download manager" does not work with CAW, so I definitely will NOT be updating to that.... since I spend as much time making my own worlds as I do building houses and community lots, CAW is just as important to me as the games themselves.

Since it appears the launcher will not work unless it is updated, I have been using DELPHY'S multi-extractor to convert .sims3pack files into .package files and just putting them in my mods folder (or library, etc. whichever folder is appropriate).

Not sure I want to hassle with this for my custom worlds though, since when I export a world from CAW, it goes to the game folders as a .sims3pack file. I know there are tutorials out there on installing worlds without the launcher, but I think I'll see if disconnecting from the internet and using the launcher off-line works, as was reported here by MadameRouge. (https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/u31115)

Thanks again for your help and time. I really appreciate G4TW!

Sorry for the late reply, but I saw you already posted in the other thread, about your launcher issue. Has that been solved now ? Smile  If yes, do you have any other questions for ow or can I close the thread ? (You can open a new thread anytime again in the future, if you need more support on anything else).
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top