Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3 breaks after a couple of times playing.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 breaks after a couple of times playing. Empty Sims 3 breaks after a couple of times playing.

Post by Guest Sun 16 Oct 2011, 03:28

After a week of playing the sims 3 with all the expansions (other than fast lane and WA) it just seems to crash whenever i try to load a town, all my graphic settings are low and nothing is running in the background. Iv also done the Ult Fix and the DEP Fix.
Its always a town i have made atleast one family in, if i delete the town and make a new one it'll load, then about after 3 times playing the town it breaks again, i haven't installed any contact or mods. Iv also noticed that the Town included with late night is VERY buggy, and is usually the town that makes the game freeze (my game anyways), however i didn't use it this time and its happened again.

I have no idea what to do, at the moment it's all uninstalled and iv cleaned out all the folders with it.

Sims 3 breaks after a couple of times playing. 2830496658

Mod edit: Topic moved to the right section.

- Lady ElDi

Last edited by Lady ElDi on Sun 16 Oct 2011, 09:53; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Cos my spelling sucks)

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 breaks after a couple of times playing. Empty Re: Sims 3 breaks after a couple of times playing.

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sun 16 Oct 2011, 09:51

Hello,
Which town do you usually play? What can you tell us about your pc?
Bridgeport is terrible, I stay away from it on my low-end pc. Twinbrook sometimes gives me grief as well.
You may want to try the error trap, you'll find it here. This user created mod prevents or traps errors, especially useful for bugged save games. Should you decide to give it a try, read the instructions carefully.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 breaks after a couple of times playing. Empty Re: Sims 3 breaks after a couple of times playing.

Post by Guest Sun 16 Oct 2011, 18:14

Sorry for putting it in the wrong section, didn't know about this one.

PC specs
Acer M464 - Vista Business SP2 32bit
Intel Core 2 Quad 2.40GHz Q6600
4GB of RAM
Geforce 7050/nForce 630i

I always start with Sunset Valley, iv had Twinbook load once, then it never loaded again without crashing. Same with Bridgeport, i could make and play about 5 families in it and it never complains or slow down however as soon as i leave the town and try to go into another one it breaks, this time i tired just Sunset Valley, i had 4 families on the go, ageing and story was turned off. so nothing new was added like someone having a child and so on, turned off the game went back and halfway loading the town it crashes, if i try to make a new town it will crash halfway aswell, if i delete the town iv made and then try to load a new one it will load.

Iv noticed that when it crashes the window goes white and windows has a error message up immediately to shut it down, its not like it freezes then about 30 seconds later windows comes up with an error as normal, and it ALWAYS happens about 50% of loading a town.

It used to do that before i used the DEP fix whenever i loaded a town, but when it crashed it would tell me it was DEP shutting it down. it crashes and shuts it down the same way, but without the DEP error and with the DEP fix in use.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sun 16 Oct 2011, 19:50

Hello,
Don't worry about posting in the wrong section, it happens all the time and we're still experimenting with these.
You could try the error trap. It doesn't cause any problems and at the very least logs errors. It can fix a corrupt save game.
There isn't much to loose, only a bit of your time.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 16 Oct 2011, 19:53

I will if i happens again, im reinstalling everything now. bounce

//EDIT

Oh joy, its happening again *grumble* all i did was make a family with 2 people this time.

Im trying to use the ErrorTrap and i have no idea where to put it, im guessing the game bin somewhere ?

Edit

Iv just notice, from reading the instructions, i have no "script error" or anything "script something" just "script", last time this happened i looked at the files and remember seeing something like "script core" and the "script error" and now it isnt there,hmmmmm.

Edit again Facepalm

I forgot EA like to add the main games folder to the documents area instead of adding them in the Programs folder Facepalm still don't understand Traperror though.

Also somehow i fixed it Shocked i don't know if its only temporary though, the next time i turn my pc on it might happen again.

If it does happen again im just gonna take the hint my pc doesnt like the sims 3, just like 1 and 2 Crying or Very sad and if it does im replacing it Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top