Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mod Conflict Detector and Mod Manager

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Mod Conflict Detector and Mod Manager Empty Mod Conflict Detector and Mod Manager

Post by Guest Thu 21 Jan 2016, 07:39

Okay, so recently I've downloaded the Mod Conflict Detector from Mod The Sims. I'm pretty sure a lot of you have had it and also the Mod Manager also from Mod The Sims. Then I began downloading several other mods for the game. I found that this time my sims are unable to perform certain actions like cooking and sitting and sleeping etc. So I deleted all the newly downloaded mods in hopes of fixing the bug. But it's still going like that. So i deleted and unistalled both Mod Manager and The Conflict Detector and still it's bugging. There's a pop up saying that items are remove because they are not installed in the computer or the current EA account loged in. 

I was wondering if it was the Mod Conflict and Mod manager that is responsible for the bug...tho I highly doubt it. Any ideas?

//EDIT

One more thing that I notice it that not all interactions are canceled. Example, they are still able to pour tea but they did it on the spot. Like they're in the living room but and their pour their tea from the air. And the tea jug in the machine at the kitchen is moving on its own. They wash their mugs in mid air while there's water in the sink...

Back to top Go down

Mod Conflict Detector and Mod Manager Empty Re: Mod Conflict Detector and Mod Manager

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 22 Jan 2016, 22:50

wylliebee wrote:Okay, so recently I've downloaded the Mod Conflict Detector from Mod The Sims. I'm pretty sure a lot of you have had it and also the Mod Manager also from Mod The Sims. Then I began downloading several other mods for the game. I found that this time my sims are unable to perform certain actions like cooking and sitting and sleeping etc. So I deleted all the newly downloaded mods in hopes of fixing the bug. But it's still going like that. So i deleted and unistalled both Mod Manager and The Conflict Detector and still it's bugging. There's a pop up saying that items are remove because they are not installed in the computer or the current EA account loged in. 

I was wondering if it was the Mod Conflict and Mod manager that is responsible for the bug...tho I highly doubt it. Any ideas?

//EDIT

One more thing that I notice it that not all interactions are canceled. Example, they are still able to pour tea but they did it on the spot. Like they're in the living room but and their pour their tea from the air. And the tea jug in the machine at the kitchen is moving on its own. They wash their mugs in mid air while there's water in the sink...

Hello again @wylliebee,

Try deleting the (relevant) cache files for the game. Navigate to C:\Users\(your username)\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4. Now do the following.

1) Delete the file localthumbcache.package
2) Navigate inside the subfolder cachestr, and delete the contents inside it. Don't delete the actual cachestr-folder though !
3) Navigate inside the folder cache, and delete all the contents inside it. But again, don't delete the actual cache-folder !

Now try the game again. See if it works and feel free to post back. Smile
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Mod Conflict Detector and Mod Manager Empty Re: Mod Conflict Detector and Mod Manager

Post by Guest Sat 23 Jan 2016, 04:25

Okie dokie! I deleted the localthumbcasche.package and the contents of the cachestr folder-but not the actual folder haha- but I don't have the cache folder. I'll see if my game works anyhow.

//EDIT

nope still bugging

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 23 Jan 2016, 05:10

Sorry to hear about that, but I was wondering about this here:

wylliebee wrote:There's a pop up saying that items are remove because they are not installed in the computer or the current EA account loged in. 

When, where or how did this mysterious message started to show up ? And is that the exact wording of the message ? Have you made sure to run the game as Administrator, by right-clicking on the .exe or desktop shortcut, and selecting "run as Administrator" ? 

Try moving the installation folder of The Sims 4 to a totally different location, for example directly on your desktop, and then try running the game as Administrator again. See if you notice any other "missing" in-game items.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 23 Jan 2016, 05:33

it's exactly what the message is. Actually I haven't tried running it as admin. Thing is it's the the missing item that's the problem. I'm sure the mising items are probably one of the mods I had. I'll try again and see

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 23 Jan 2016, 05:40

oh dear lol moving the folder to the desktop restarted the whole game haha my mods are gone and my gallery stuff are also gone  IAmSoHappyEmergahwd

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 23 Jan 2016, 05:45

lol! it work perfectly fine now but I lost everything  IAmSoHappyEmergahwd IAmSoHappyEmergahwd the mods i can still insert back but my gallery creations! oh my sweet sweet creations  IAmSoHappyEmergahwd IAmSoHappyEmergahwd IAmSoHappyEmergahwd haha but I' m glad the game is okay  Carlos is tha man!!! all the more reason I should play again and get everything back! is there a way tho i can get my gallery stuff back?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 23 Jan 2016, 06:28

wylliebee wrote:lol! it work perfectly fine now but I lost everything  IAmSoHappyEmergahwd IAmSoHappyEmergahwd the mods i can still insert back but my gallery creations! oh my sweet sweet creations  IAmSoHappyEmergahwd IAmSoHappyEmergahwd IAmSoHappyEmergahwd haha but I' m glad the game is okay  Carlos is tha man!!! all the more reason I should play again and get everything back! is there a way tho i can get my gallery stuff back?

Hi, @wylliebee! Smile

All of the Lots and Sims that were in your Library are contained in the Tray folder. You can just copy that one back too and all of the objects should be back. Make sure to copy it, so that you have a backup just in case.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top