Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'TS4.exe' missing?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

'TS4.exe' missing? Empty 'TS4.exe' missing?

Post by Guest Thu 21 Jan 2016, 16:48

The game was working just fine, but after I tried adding 'get together' everytime I try to open the sims it says that TS4.exe is missing, I tried uninstalling the game, and when I installed the base game alone I had the same problem. I re downloaded the base game again then installed it, it worked fine and when I added 'let's go to work' then "get together' the problem appeared again, and the most frustrating thing is that I have to re download the game again...I really don't know what to do  Why God. Why God. Why God.

'TS4.exe' missing? 12509858_1586027818319214_5489166476965739610_n

Back to top Go down

'TS4.exe' missing? Empty Re: 'TS4.exe' missing?

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 22 Jan 2016, 22:32

SuminStarlight wrote:

The game was working just fine, but after I tried adding 'get together' everytime I try to open the sims it says that TS4.exe is missing, I tried uninstalling the game, and when I installed the base game alone I had the same problem. I re downloaded the base game again then installed it, it worked fine and when I added 'let's go to work' then "get together' the problem appeared again, and the most frustrating thing is that I have to re download the game again...I really don't know what to do  Why God. Why God. Why God.

'TS4.exe' missing? 12509858_1586027818319214_5489166476965739610_n

Hello and welcome to the forum @SuminStarlight,

You must make sure that Windows Defender and your anti-virus system(s) are not interfering with the game files. Smile  There is an introduction-topic on this problem here. It is long to read, but you should take your time for it, and apply the same principles to your own sytem.
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t18501-unable-to-start-initialization-error-at-startup-updated-on-11-9-2015

After you managed to do that, please take again the .RAR download of Get together, and re-extract the contents of that .RAR, into your game install folder. When prompted, choose "replace files in the destination". After that, try the game again. Good luck !

P.S. what is your Windows system ? Windows 7, 8 or 10 ?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 23 Jan 2016, 12:14

Okay~ I'll try it and tell you if it worked or not~
I have windows 8.1

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 25 Jan 2016, 23:52

SuminStarlight wrote:Okay~ I'll try it and tell you if it worked or not~
I have windows 8.1

Sorry for the late reply,

Yes, please try ! Very Happy  Under Windows 8.1. you should be able to turn off Windows Defender completely. If you cannot find how to do that, I will help you in that too...

As for the rest, once you managed to configure your exclusions properly, you could - as I mentioned - just re-apply the latest expansion (Get together). That means, copy & paste the files from "Get together" over your current installation.

If THAT doesn't work, try starting fresh. Uninstall everything and re-boot the computer. Then re-install the games again, in this order:

1) The Sims 4 base game
2) Get to Work
3) Get together
4) "Hotfix" (see this topic)

Good luck !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top