Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cursor issues (kinda). [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Cursor issues (kinda). [SOLVED] Empty Cursor issues (kinda). [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 21 Jan 2016, 22:10

Hello,
I'm having an ingame issue that when I try to play The Sims 4 I can't click on anything. For example refrigerator or toilet or anything. It doesn't give me the options like "Make for dinner..".
Made the house and people just fine and had no issues but when I'm actually playing I really ain't even playing just watching the Sims run around. Everything else on the screen I can click but just not the objects in the house or outside to make the actual act of doing something. When I put my cursor on top of a object it does get highlighted but that's it. Just downloaded the torret and othervise it works perfectly. Don't have any add-ons or extra special content, just the game. Hope you can help me.

Back to top Go down

Cursor issues (kinda). [SOLVED] Empty Re: Cursor issues (kinda). [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 22 Jan 2016, 22:52

puuris wrote:Hello,
I'm having an ingame issue that when I try to play The Sims 4 I can't click on anything. For example refrigerator or toilet or anything. It doesn't give me the options like "Make for dinner..".
Made the house and people just fine and had no issues but when I'm actually playing I really ain't even playing just watching the Sims run around. Everything else on the screen I can click but just not the objects in the house or outside to make the actual act of doing something. When I put my cursor on top of a object it does get highlighted but that's it. Just downloaded the torret and othervise it works perfectly. Don't have any add-ons or extra special content, just the game. Hope you can help me.

Hello and welcome to the forum @puuris,

Try deleting the (relevant) cache files for the game. Navigate to C:\Users\(your username)\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4. Now do the following.

1) Delete the file localthumbcache.package
2) Navigate inside the subfolder cachestr, and delete the contents inside it. Don't delete the actual cachestr-folder though !
3) Navigate inside the folder cache, and delete all the contents inside it. But again, don't delete the actual cache-folder !

Now try the game again. See if it works and feel free to post back. Smile
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 23 Jan 2016, 11:19

The power of the internet showed me the answer. If you are having this problem just go to Control Panel/Appearace And Personalization/Display and change the font size from showing 100% to 125%. I apologize for my laziness and for bothering you before I looked for the answer at all. Thankyou anyhow! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 23 Jan 2016, 20:19

puuris wrote:The power of the internet showed me the answer. If you are having this problem just go to Control Panel/Appearace And Personalization/Display and change the font size from showing 100% to 125%. I apologize for my laziness and for bothering you before I looked for the answer at all. Thankyou anyhow! Very Happy

Interesting fix though, but I myself have the option on 100%, and never encountered this. This problem also seems to be rare. Maybe it also depends on other display settings. Anyhow, thanks for sharing the fix, and feel free to get back in touch with us again if you need more support on something that we can help with - just open a new topic then.

Have fun ! problem solved, topic closed. Smile
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top