Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 4 Freezing on loading plumbob

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 4 Freezing on loading plumbob Empty Sims 4 Freezing on loading plumbob

Post by Guest Sat 30 Jan 2016, 10:27

So I have followed the instructions to a T, i don't have any mods installed currently, and I have all of get together, and get to work installed right including the hotfix.

I am still getting freezing in the loading screen or if I am lucky it will get to the menu, with the little info windows and as soon as I get to the one with the info on Get Together xpac it will freeze there, and not let me close the game itself, forcing me to hard reset my computer.

Is there anyway to fix this, or anyway to apply a different hotfix or even remove the two dlc to see if it would work without.

Thanks,

Back to top Go down

Sims 4 Freezing on loading plumbob Empty Re: Sims 4 Freezing on loading plumbob

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 30 Jan 2016, 10:42

arianeaimee wrote:So I have followed the instructions to a T, i don't have any mods installed currently, and I have all of get together, and get to work installed right including the hotfix.

I am still getting freezing in the loading screen or if I am lucky it will get to the menu, with the little info windows and as soon as I get to the one with the info on Get Together xpac it will freeze there, and not let me close the game itself, forcing me to hard reset my computer.

Is there anyway to fix this, or anyway to apply a different hotfix or even remove the two dlc to see if it would work without.

Thanks,

Hello and welcome to the forum @arianeaimee,

Sorry to hear about your issues; in my case, the games work just fine. Just to make sure, did you install the items in the correct order ?

1) Base game
2) Get to Work
3) Get together
4) Hotfix
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 30 Jan 2016, 10:49

I may have gotten Get to Work and Get Together mixed up, would that have effected it?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 30 Jan 2016, 10:52

arianeaimee wrote:I may have gotten Get to Work and Get Together mixed up, would that have effected it?

That could be one possibility yes. In your case, copy the files and folders from the "Get to Work"-release, over your current Sims 4 installation. Replace all existing stuff when prompted. 

After that, do the same with the files and folders from the "Get together"-release.

Finally, re-apply the little hotfix. Good luck !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 30 Jan 2016, 11:06

Okay so that fixed it, the game is running fine, now when i add mods they aren't showing up, is there a specific thing I have to do, because I have the Resources.cfg file in there

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat 30 Jan 2016, 22:19

Hi,

Try to get the latest version of the framework file. Instructions can be found here: http://www.games4theworlddownloads.org/Downloads/Guides/How_to_install_.package_files.pdf

Note that those instructions are for The Sims 3, but they are the same for The Sims 4. Just copy the "Mods" folder to this folder instead: Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 02 Feb 2016, 20:41

I have the same issue and I uninstalled my display driver and the game worked. BUT the brightness ends up extremely high plus I don't want to uninstall and reinstall my driver every time I want to play the game. Can anyone offer a better solution?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 04 Feb 2016, 00:23

arianeaimee wrote:Okay so that fixed it, the game is running fine, now when i add mods they aren't showing up, is there a specific thing I have to do, because I have the Resources.cfg file in there

Sorry for the late reply, but did you modify anything in your Resource.cfg file, maybe even accidentally ?

And what kind of "mods" are you even using ?

brie227 wrote:I have the same issue and I uninstalled my display driver and the game worked. BUT the brightness ends up extremely high plus I don't want to uninstall and reinstall my driver every time I want to play the game. Can anyone offer a better solution?

Welcome to the forum @brie227,

Please open a new topic for your concerns; that way the topics are easier to follow, and we can provide better individual support. Thanks a lot. Smile
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top