Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Freezing when loading the game.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Freezing when loading the game. Empty Freezing when loading the game.

Post by Guest Sat 17 Feb 2018, 00:27

I think I'm an idiot. lol I don't really fully understand the instructions for installing all the DLC for Sims 4. I know when you get to the...Toddlers, Vampires, and Bowling stuff (I think?) you have to rename the "Game" folder to "Game_" or something like that. But it also says that for each subsequent DLC installation instructions. So, that's kinda what I did. And I have two "Game" folders now.

I have no idea which one to delete, and which one to start the game from. Or if I should just uninstall everything and start from scratch. These instructions were really confusing for me to understand.

Thanks in advance!

Back to top Go down

Freezing when loading the game. Empty Re: Freezing when loading the game.

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 17 Feb 2018, 00:52

persephone325 wrote:I think I'm an idiot. lol I don't really fully understand the instructions for installing all the DLC for Sims 4. I know when you get to the...Toddlers, Vampires, and Bowling stuff (I think?) you have to rename the "Game" folder to "Game_" or something like that. But it also says that for each subsequent DLC installation instructions. So, that's kinda what I did. And I have two "Game" folders now.

I have no idea which one to delete, and which one to start the game from. Or if I should just uninstall everything and start from scratch. These instructions were really confusing for me to understand.

Thanks in advance!

Hello @persephone325,

It can indeed be confusing. But mistakes were made with the packing of some of the older torrents, and that will always mean there will be certain 'issues' when writing installation guides for subsequent DLC. The premise we made with those guides is, that it should be 'doable' for users who are completely new; and we thought it would be slightly less problematic than assuming people have renamed that folder already.

If you look carefully you will notice that the basic steps are the same in all of these guides, including the step of renaming the "Game"-folder after installing Toddlers/Vampires/Bowling. And yes, it is repeated in subsequent install guides as well, for the reason mentioned in the previous paragraph. The only (real) difference is the addition of new updates/DLC, and that step is always the last in those install guides.

Basically you only need to rename the folder once, and it can be done after Toddlers/Vampires/Bowling. The Game-folders of subsequent DLC can simply be merged then.

In your case though, the safest method is to delete ALL your existing "Game" and "Game_" folders, inside your TS4 installation. Then you copy just the "Game"-folder from whatever your latest DLC is, back into the folder where TS4 is installed. Re-start the game then. 

Good luck!

Looking for bad joke

Edit: assuming you installed all the way up to game version 1.39, you can also grab the "Game"-folder from the link here:
https://goo.gl/sLDwxD
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 17 Feb 2018, 01:57

Okey-dokey. I tried doing as you suggested, but it didn't work.

Maybe I'm better off starting from the beginning? If I do that, all I would need to do is rename the "Game" folder ONCE (Game_ for example), and then delete it once I've applied all the DLC and the update?

EDIT: I started over with fresh installs, but I'm a bit confused (again. lol) by something. "AFTER installing the so-and-so expansion pack, drag and drop all the folders mentioned below from this .RAR file to the folder where you installed your The Sims 4 base game to."

I don't know how to install it. I thought I just had to drag and drop the files to the folder to install it. Or is that how you're supposed to install it?

//EDIT

Rather than editing my post again, I'll just make a fresh one.

I did a fresh install, and when I got to step 7 instead of renaming the Game folder I just downloaded the fixed game folder that was linked there. The game was able to load up without freezing.

I also loaded up a saved game, and it worked so far! Fingers crossed it stays this way! ^^

Can't believe how silly I was with this installation. lol

Last edited by The_gh0stm4n on Sun 25 Feb 2018, 22:28; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Additional info)

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 17 Feb 2018, 12:21

Hello again,

Nice to hear it works our thus far! Very Happy  And yes, you "install" these items simply by copy/pasting, and overwriting the existing items. These fancy automated installers in principle don't do much else: they write files/folders "into" a particular file location, mybe some registry entries as well.

If you want more DLC (the ones that follow after Toddlers/Vampires/Bowling), then you can copy/paste the stuff over your existing installation - including the "Game"-folders.

Keep us posted if you like!
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 17 Feb 2018, 23:42

I will! Thank you very much! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 25 Feb 2018, 22:29

persephone325 wrote:I will! Thank you very much! Very Happy

Off-topic, sent you a friend invite on Steam (if you like). Very Happy
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top