Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game Freezing while Loading

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Game Freezing while Loading Empty Game Freezing while Loading

Post by Guest Fri 02 Mar 2018, 16:38

Hi, thank you in advance for reading this.

So, everything worked fine, had everything installed to Laundry Day, until 5 days ago when the game started freezing on load screen.
Tried removing all cache files, mods, then saves. Tried moving The Sims 4 file from Program Files (x86) to Program Files and start with TS4_x64.exe (since my system is 64bit) but that didn't want to start the game at all. I've read through almost all topics here with similar problems.
Yesterday I've downloaded the newest, Jungle Adventure, thinking it might act as a fix, but it didn't. Today I've uninstalled all and installed from the Base Game and step by step each expansion again, up to Jungle Adventure. Now the game actually loads up, gets me into CAS and lets me enter a Neighbourhood, but freezes on load screen into House/Household.

I'm not using ZLOrigin.
Could the problem be Nvidia drivers, or maybe Microsoft Visuals, DirectX version, because I'm running out of ideas what to do?

Back to top Go down

Game Freezing while Loading Empty Re: Game Freezing while Loading

Post by Guest Fri 02 Mar 2018, 17:23

Download the latest Game folder (Jungle Adventure)
Extract with Winrar
Go to your install folder The Sims 4 in Program Files
Delete the folder Game
Replace with the just downloaded and extracted folder Game

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 02 Mar 2018, 17:37

Thank you for fast reply! Have already done that before reinstalling everything. Done it right now, it freezes again.
If I find a fix I'll post here

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 02 Mar 2018, 18:07

vulavafl wrote:Thank you for fast reply! Have already done that before reinstalling everything. Done it right now, it freezes again.
If I find a fix I'll post here
Have you ever tried a new The Sims 4 folder in Documents\Electronic Arts by renaming the existing folder f.e. The Sims 4_old ?
The problem might be mod-related even after removal of the mod folder.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 02 Mar 2018, 18:19

The mods can stay even after deleting them and complete reinstall of the game? I'll try with the renaming and new folder, thank you

Back to top Go down

Game Freezing while Loading Empty [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Fri 02 Mar 2018, 21:03

Since that didn't work I completely deleted The Sims 4 folder from Documents\Electronic Arts, went to BIOS and did a reboot for Windows startup.
It works now! I started the game, made a new save, exited and started the game again, everything seems working.
Thanks for the help, sorry for the nuisance since the problem didnt lay in the game itself

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top