Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 4 has stopped working

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 4 has stopped working Empty Sims 4 has stopped working

Post by Guest Tue 02 Feb 2016, 04:39

Hi all,

I'm really frustrated because of this error Sad It seems to occur when I switch to live mode (after 5 - 15 mins of gameplay), on build mode I can play well without any issues, and I'm sure that I followed correctly the given instruction. 

Here are my specs, just in case:

Operating System
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1
CPU
Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 @ 3.00GHz
Wolfdale 45nm Technology
RAM
4.00GB Dual-Channel DDR2 @ 399MHz (5-6-6-18)
Motherboard
Gigabyte Technology Co. Ltd. G41M-ES2L (Socket 775)
Graphics
SyncMaster (1024x768@85Hz)
2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 730 (Gigabyte)
Storage
149GB Western Digital WDC WD1600AAJS-00B4A0 ATA Device (SATA)
Optical Drives
HL-DT-ST DVD-ROM DH16NS10 ATA Device
Audio
Realtek High Definition Audio

Thanks in advance for your help Smile

Back to top Go down

Sims 4 has stopped working Empty Re: Sims 4 has stopped working

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 04 Feb 2016, 00:35

Hello again @emsnu,

Is that a laptop computer or a desktop machine ?

Also, you should try the tips I have described in the topic here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t21728-the-sims-4-crashes-freezes-causes-shutdowns-possible-fixes-updated-on-17-12-2015

See if they make any difference in your gameplay. Good luck. Smile
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 04 Feb 2016, 14:51

Hello thanks for your reply Smile

Mine is a desktop computer.

I tried all of your suggestions but the game still crashes Sad.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 05 Feb 2016, 04:22

emsnu wrote:Hello thanks for your reply Smile

Mine is a desktop computer.

I tried all of your suggestions but the game still crashes Sad

Are you sure you did those steps properly ? Try lowering your graphics settings in the options menu, and see if it makes any difference in your gameplay.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 05 Feb 2016, 12:36

Ok I think I might have found the problem. I tried turning on V-sync and no more crash Smile

Thanks for your help @Carlos ^^

Edit: sorry never mind that it just crashed after an hour gameplay Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 06 Feb 2016, 02:49

emsnu wrote:Ok I think I might have found the problem. I tried turning on V-sync and no more crash Smile

Thanks for your help @Carlos ^^

Edit: sorry never mind that it just crashed after an hour gameplay Sad

Please have another, closer look at the guide again, to really make sue you didn't miss anything. Smile  Also, can you try lowering your playing time, and saving often ?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 06 Feb 2016, 10:36

Okay @Carlos I'll recheck and redo the steps again Smile

Thanks for your patience so far Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 10 Feb 2016, 00:30

emsnu wrote:Okay @Carlos I'll recheck and redo the steps again Smile

Thanks for your patience so far Very Happy

You could also try running the game as Administrator, and see if that makes things better. Just right-click on the shortcut or the .exe file of the game and choose "run as Administrator".

I'm also curious if you are playing any other games on that computer, and if you are encountering similar issues on these other games too ?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 11 Feb 2016, 17:32

Hi Carlos sorry the late response. I tried running as admin as well but it still crashes. Sometimes after 5' sometimes after an hour Sad 

I think I'll try to reinstall window, as well as format the hard drives. If that doesn't make it work I guess I'll have to share my computer with my sis Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 12 Feb 2016, 01:30

emsnu wrote:Hi Carlos sorry the late response. I tried running as admin as well but it still crashes. Sometimes after 5' sometimes after an hour Sad 

I think I'll try to reinstall window, as well as format the hard drives. If that doesn't make it work I guess I'll have to share my computer with my sis Sad

Do you have any open applications when playing The Sims 4 ? please make sure to close all of them, before playing Sims 4. Also google for "Razer Cortex", which can help you free up some system resources in order for your game to run more fluently. 

And just to be sure, please check your computer here:
http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri

Check it for The Sims 4, and see what the results are.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 16 Feb 2016, 16:44

Hi Carlos, 

I tried out the web site you recommended. It said that my computer meets the minimum requirements but not the recommended ones. But I suppose that passing the minimum requirements should at least guarentee that you can run the game fine, only not with max graphic settings or with possible speed issues, right Wat.? I'm thinking it might be something else rather than the system configuration. Of course I'm not so sure though.

I tried the game booster as well. Still crashes Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 17 Feb 2016, 03:11

emsnu wrote:Hi Carlos, 

I tried out the web site you recommended. It said that my computer meets the minimum requirements but not the recommended ones. But I suppose that passing the minimum requirements should at least guarentee that you can run the game fine, only not with max graphic settings or with possible speed issues, right Wat.? I'm thinking it might be something else rather than the system configuration. Of course I'm not so sure though.

I tried the game booster as well. Still crashes Sad

At this point I can't suggest anything else, I'm sorry. But you didn't mention yet if you are experiencing these performance issues with other games too ? If you can't get it working, then I'm afraid you will need to take it as it is, or try playing the game on another computer then...

WhatDidUJustCallMe?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 17 Feb 2016, 11:55

Well it's the only game experiencing this issue. Guess I'll have to let my sis use my computer to play TS4 then. 

Anyway thanks very much for your help for the past days Carlos Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 18 Feb 2016, 18:55

emsnu wrote:Well it's the only game experiencing this issue. Guess I'll have to let my sis use my computer to play TS4 then. 

Anyway thanks very much for your help for the past days Carlos Very Happy

Maybe the game has an issue with your specific hardware combination or the like. It was already the case in TS3 back then, that the game simply would not work with certain specifications of hardware, even if they "nominally" fulfill the system requirements. I'll leave the thread open in case someone else has a better idea. You may also update this thread in the future, in case you want to post again here about any news on that problem. Smile

Hope you'll have fun nonetheless !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top