Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3 Stopped Working...PLEASE HELP !!!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 Stopped Working...PLEASE HELP !!!! Empty Sims 3 Stopped Working...PLEASE HELP !!!!

Post by Guest Tue 15 Jan 2013, 21:38

Okay so recently I downloaded Pets [FIXED] and when i did download it, the Sims 3 stopped responding message always came up, it worked fine when i had the 'Seasons with The Sims 3', the problem only occurs when i'm in live mode, its absolutely amazing when in CAS, I have no mods no CC, I re installed it about 5 times now, I have done the DEP, and everything on this website says and also reading other posts however nothing worked, I have also done the 'ultimate fix' however that also doesn't work...the game is only playable only for 5-15 mins; my specs are just about higher than the average.

I have to graphics cards, iv also tried switching them to see if they would work but still not working, I have no .bad files and everything seems to look fine in the files/folders. Could this be the end of Sims for me ? If anyone is reading please help I really want this to work !!!

PS: My base game is 'real' which i actually bought Smile

Facepalm Help :newfag:

Foreveralone

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 Stopped Working...PLEASE HELP !!!! Empty Re: Sims 3 Stopped Working...PLEASE HELP !!!!

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Wed 16 Jan 2013, 10:17

Hello,

It could be related to your OS, there are some issues between Sims 3 and win 8 compatibility. Specifically direct x.
I speculate that it never occurred before you installed Pets, because that EP requires more of your graphics/direct X. You could try running the game in compatibility mode.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 Stopped Working...PLEASE HELP !!!! Empty Re: Sims 3 Stopped Working...PLEASE HELP !!!!

Post by Guest Wed 16 Jan 2013, 17:02

In which compatibility mode, I mean theres Win 7, Wins XP, which could be best ?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 16 Jan 2013, 17:18

For compatibility mode, XP Service Pack 2 would be best for compatibility though I'm not sure that'll fix the issue - but then, there's not a whole lot of details about the issue so it's just a guess no matter what anyone says.

What kind of graphics card(s) are you using? Can you go into the options for your specific hardware and turn on v-sync? With ATI cards you'd go into Catalyst Control Center, click on Graphics -> 3D, then the "All" tab, scroll down to "Wait for vertical refresh" and slide the slider all the way to the right. Not sure how to do it with GeForce cards (GeForce is eeevul - just like Intel). I'm not promising anything, but I've heard positive feedback from doing this with Win8.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 16 Jan 2013, 17:39

I am currently on a:

Intel Core i5-3210M 2.5GHz with Turbo Boost up to 3.1GHz
Nvidia Geforce GT 630M with 1 GB dedicated VRAM
Intel 4000 Series

= 2 Graphics cards and as i already said i tried both, and both of them seem to crash, however the nvidia card is better because it shows the fur on the pets but the Intel one does not.

8GB DDR3 Memory
64 Bit
Windows 8

(Acer V3-571G)

I hope this information sort of helps, and il try running compatibility mode. And reply back if anything happens Smile HOPE IT WORKS !

//EDIT

Sadly, it still crashed and when I did change it to compability mode it really went dark... but still crashed :L

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Thu 17 Jan 2013, 10:39

Hello,

Your Nvidia card isn't 100% supported for Pets. It can work, but not necessarily so. Add that to the win 8 compatibility issues, it could explain the problems you're currently facing.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 17 Jan 2013, 20:53

I'v tried everything, but sadly there's nothing to fix this issue, so would this mean uninstalling the Pets, because I really I wanted to have this game but if there is no possible fix then what in the world could make the game on my laptop seem that bad, I mean it doesn't lag its pretty fast from what iv seen on my older computer... so is there no other fix I could try, if so please suggest.

Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Fri 18 Jan 2013, 09:35

Hello,

Nothing I can think of, unfortunately, but it's possible that others here have things for you to try.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 22 Jan 2013, 20:29

I tried doing the DEP thing again, and now the game seems to be working more than 15 mins I haven't played for an hour all seems well, must'v forgot to put one of the .exe's, it stops now and then but doesn't crash...phew.

Hopes it finally been resolved Smile Hammertime

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top