Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"Sims 3 has stopped working"

View previous topic View next topic Go down

"Sims 3 has stopped working" Empty "Sims 3 has stopped working"

Post by Guest Sun 17 Aug 2014, 22:05

I get a "Sims 3 has stopped working" error when I start loading a saved game. I can access the launcher, get through the basic load screen, then pick which saved game I want to load, and the loading bar almost finishes its journey, but as soon as it looks like I'm about to play the game, I get the error message. 

The error box says that it's looking for a solution (like that ever works) but ultimately closes the game on me without actually opening the saved game file. 

I try updating to the latest version and redoing the ultimate fix. 

I'm a long time player of Sims 3 and I've installed the games successfully on two different computers. The game was originally working just find on this new computer but now it seems to just give me errors. I'm really not sure what changed. 

I've taken the fullscreen mode off via the notepad fix mentioned in an earlier thread and I also tried to clear any kind of unwanted .tmp files. I do not have any CC on this computer, though I do have most of the expansion packs installed. I've had some problems with slow gameplay and I've managed to cut down on that by lowering the graphics toll on my computer (via the settings menu ingame) 

I'd appreciate any help you guys could give me. I'm a huge fan of your site and your content, and I have been a fan for years. Thank you in advance!!!

Back to top Go down

"Sims 3 has stopped working" Empty Re: "Sims 3 has stopped working"

Post by Guest Mon 18 Aug 2014, 04:50

There is a possibility that the saved games are corrupted. Have you tried creating a new save instead of loading a previously existing one?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 01 Sep 2014, 04:41

hello 
please help sim3 suddenly stop working while im in the build mode and i tried eveything but still the same problem and i reinstall it and the ultimate fix several times but stillno change .

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 01 Sep 2014, 04:49

Mado94 wrote:hello 
please help sim3 suddenly stop working while im in the build mode and i tried eveything but still the same problem and i reinstall it and the ultimate fix several times but stillno change .

Hi there!

Exactly what error do you get? Does it say "The Sims 3 has stopped working"? If so, you should check out this thread and follow each one of the steps carefully:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t857-the-sims-3-crashes-freezes-to-desktop-fix-updated-on-7-01-2014

Try them out and let us know how it goes! Good luck! Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 05 Sep 2014, 22:25

Mado94 wrote:hello 

Hello Mado94,

Please ALWAYS make a new topic for your issue(s) instead of posting under someone else's old topic. That way it's easier for us to provide individual support, and it makes topics easier to follow. Thank you !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top