Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can't Start A New Save

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Can't Start A New Save Empty Can't Start A New Save

Post by Guest Wed 03 Feb 2016, 10:00

Today, after downloading photoshop I decided I wanted to make a Simblr or something like that to showcase my sims without having to record it in video format. I booted up the Sims 4 like always and clicked that beautiful little plus sign to start a new save. I created my sim and was ready to move him in Willow Creek, but when I clicked in Willow Creek I found my other household in the town along with a custom bank/cafe lot I made. I tried to make a new save again and got the same devastating outcome, if anyone has had this issue could you please help me?

Back to top Go down

Can't Start A New Save Empty Re: Can't Start A New Save

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 04 Feb 2016, 00:44

Nikk0_Al3xand3r wrote:Today, after downloading photoshop I decided I wanted to make a Simblr or something like that to showcase my sims without having to record it in video format. I booted up the Sims 4 like always and clicked that beautiful little plus sign to start a new save. I created my sim and was ready to move him in Willow Creek, but when I clicked in Willow Creek I found my other household in the town along with a custom bank/cafe lot I made. I tried to make a new save again and got the same devastating outcome, if anyone has had this issue could you please help me?

Hello,

I'm not sure if you clicked on the "correct" thing, but assuming you did, try the workaround here: navigate to Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4. Move the "saves"-subfolder to a different location. For example, onto your desktop. After the subfolder has been moved out, re-start the game and try making a new save again. 

Good luck !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Can't Start A New Save Empty Problem With Get Together HotFix.

Post by Guest Fri 05 Feb 2016, 06:11

I recently came across the llama error in NewCrest, so I logged on here and downloaded the hotfix. Needless to say, I followed the instructions and it didn't work. It took out all my expansions and gamepacks. Could this be because I have the reloaded version of get together rather than the G4TW one. I can't download the G4TW Get Together because it takes too long. Please, help me find a fix for this! I just started my Simblr and I can't go down like this!

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 06 Feb 2016, 04:10

//MERGED

Hello again,

I merged your new post, into your old thread from a few days ago. As long as your initial problems haven't been marked as resolved, please try and keep all issues in only one thread (or ask a Moderator for instructions on how to proceed). Smile

Keep in mind that the hotfix is only relevant for Games4theworld's version of Get together, and not for RELOADED. I can't explain why you are encountering the problem in RELOADED's version, sorry. 

The best thing I can suggest is that if you don't have any outdated mods, and you are sure you installed (RELOADED's) game properly, and you still encounter the problem, then try using Games4theworld's stuff. However, you should know that the stuff from here is technically the same as from Reloaded, just differently packed.

While we're at it, what about your original problem about the savefile creation ? Has that one been resolved now, or are you still experiencing difficulties there ?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 06 Feb 2016, 07:54

The save problem is fixed, I deleted the old saves. But, I'm still trying to find a fix for the llama problem seeing as the hotfix breaks my game and removes all content xD

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 06 Feb 2016, 07:57

Nikk0_Al3xand3r wrote:The save problem is fixed, I deleted the old saves. But, I'm still trying to find a fix for the llama problem seeing as the hotfix breaks my game and removes all content xD

Technically the hotfix does not "break" anything, even if you apply it to RELOADED's game. If you feel that DLC are suddenly missing, try moving your installation folder of "The Sims 4" directly onto the desktop, and then start the game from there. See if your DLC re-appears then.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top