Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cant actually save a game/load into save.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Cant actually save a game/load into save. Empty Cant actually save a game/load into save.

Post by Guest Sun 27 Mar 2016, 23:07

Details... I play on a Windows 10 machine that pretty much exceeds all requirements for sims 4 to the best of my knowledge. I bought all exp packs and stuff packs as well as main game through origin.

I was playing without issues until aprox November? of last year. Hadn't had a chance to play till a few days ago. Updated/bought all the stuff packs I didn't already have. Took out Custom content/mods and went through testing it all bit by bit to get rid of any that show obvious conflicts/slows in loadup.  Tried to load into an old game. It lets me pick the game, loads the neighborhood, choose the family, select play, loading time... and its in the "select your neighborhood" window as if I were making a new game... choose the one that shows the family i'm trying to play... choose the family again, load time, back to the select your neighborhood, rinse and repeat... ok... figure all saved games are borked by something....

try for a brand new game... get in, make a sim, choose aspirations, looks, clothes, etc.... the icon on bottom left never stops spinning. No ability to save at all.

Tried removing ALL mods... I could make a new game and load in... as long as I pick one from my gallery and do NOT customize her in any way... if I go into customize, I'm stuck there, cannot save.

Anyone run across a problem like this at all?   I trust people here about a thousand times more than at EA... if anyone here can help, I'm greatful.

Thanks in advance, and happy easter/spring/whatever you may celebrate!

Moon

Back to top Go down

Cant actually save a game/load into save. Empty Re: Cant actually save a game/load into save.

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 28 Mar 2016, 00:07

Moondragon77 wrote:Updated/bought all the stuff packs I didn't already have. (...)

//MOVED

Hello again,

Could you elaborate on the sentence I quoted above - what exactly did you buy (?) and how exactly did you install the stuff ? By any chance, did you add any of the pirated updates into the game ? If so, the installation order is as follows.

1) TS4 Base game
2) Get to Work
3) Get together
4) Hotfix

The fact that you got thrown back to the neighborhood selection screen indicates that your Windows Defender and/or anti-virus is messing with the game files. See this post for an introduction to the subject matter.

About the savefiles, part of this guide here deals with restoring older savegame versions, but if that doesn't work either, try renaming the folder "The Sims 4", under Documents\Electronic Arts, and then start afresh. Good luck for now !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Cant actually save a game/load into save. Empty Re: Cant actually save a game/load into save.

Post by Guest Mon 28 Mar 2016, 00:17

Thank you so much for your reply! I will read both guides and follow as applies. Buy buy I mean that I have sims 4 and all of its stuff/expansion packs installed via Origin, none of the pirated ones are installed, though I do keep a copy as backup because I bought digital download, so the copies from here are the best option for backup.  I will look into the windows defender angle... hadn't thought of that. Considering the sheer number of nasty issues windows defender brings up I'm only surprised I didn't think of it myself.  Will update with results. Thanks again.

//EDIT

First step update:

I did not actually receive any error messages (its a 100% legit copy of the game), just the viscous cycle when I try to play. I am going to see deleting/refreshing the suggested files works regardless.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 28 Mar 2016, 00:26

Thanks for the feedback. Smile  Since you have only legit Sims 4 games, you do NOT (!) need to concern yourself with the anti-virus guide. Because the anti-virus stuff is only relevant for people with pirated Sims 4 games. At least in our experience thus far.

You should still have a look though at the second guide that I posted, in part about restoring older savegame versions. 

In case you're wondering, savefile issues are very common in both legit and pirated Sims 4 games. 

In Origin, there is also an option named "repair game", which is accessible if you right-click on your TS4, in the Origin games library. This repair process can take a little while, but it may help too with certain glitches. You shouldn't expect too much of it though.

Remember again the option I mentioned before, about renaming the folder The Sims 4, under Documents\Electronic Arts. Good luck again !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 28 Mar 2016, 00:37

I am trying the renaming the folder trick now. Figures about the save game issues. Might try the repair game trick, as a last ditch.  Much appreciation for the info and suggestions.

//EDIT

Renaming the documents folder worked. I put in my saves and was able to get into the game. Thank you so much yet again.

//EDIT

Next issue. I do have some mods, mostly clothing and hair. Ring any bells for any known issues with any particular mods or kinds of mods that would cause a saved game to cycle back to the neighborhood choosing every time to select the family and hit play?  While I can now get in and make a sim or even edit a sim from the library, I am still having issues loading a saved game when I have mods in.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 29 Mar 2016, 16:09

Moondragon77 wrote:Next issue. I do have some mods, mostly clothing and hair. Ring any bells for any known issues with any particular mods or kinds of mods that would cause a saved game to cycle back to the neighborhood choosing every time to select the family and hit play?  While I can now get in and make a sim or even edit a sim from the library, I am still having issues loading a saved game when I have mods in.

Sorry for the late reply,

I can't really give specific advice on what these modders do with their mods, so your best bet will be to test your mods one-by-one, to see if any of these causes the issue you are having.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top