Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unable to Start Sims Medieval. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Unable to Start Sims Medieval. [SOLVED]  Empty Unable to Start Sims Medieval. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 07 Feb 2016, 10:05

Hey,

I've followed every instruction in the installation of the Sims Medieval, Sims Medieval: Pirates and Nobles, and Sims Medieval Ultimate Fix (I hope as I'm still new to this) to the dot, and I received a pop up when I try to start the game that says:

Unable to start game.
Service initialization failed (0x0175dcbb)

When I try to open the launcher it also gives me a little pop up:

There was an error during startup. Please see the Log for more details.

What does this mean exactly? How can I fix this?

Thanks!

Back to top Go down

Unable to Start Sims Medieval. [SOLVED]  Empty Re: Unable to Start Sims Medieval. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 07 Feb 2016, 13:12

Achotia wrote:Hey,

I've followed every instruction in the installation of the Sims Medieval, Sims Medieval: Pirates and Nobles, and Sims Medieval Ultimate Fix (I hope as I'm still new to this) to the dot, and I received a pop up when I try to start the game that says:

Unable to start game.
Service initialization failed (0x0175dcbb)

When I try to open the launcher it also gives me a little pop up:

There was an error during startup. Please see the Log for more details.

What does this mean exactly? How can I fix this?

Thanks!

Hello and welcome to the forum @Achotia !

Have a look at this post here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t18497-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-medieval-correctly

And do the steps #2 and #6 from there. Then try your game again. Good luck for now, and do keep us posted here if you like. Smile
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Unable to Start Sims Medieval. [SOLVED]  Empty Re: Unable to Start Sims Medieval. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 07 Feb 2016, 18:32

Thank you!

I extracted the files with .7zip instead of .WinRAR. Does that make any difference?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 07 Feb 2016, 23:44

Achotia wrote:Thank you!

I extracted the files with .7zip instead of .WinRAR. Does that make any difference?

Yes, please use WinRAR. You should also consider uninstalling the games and then re-booting the computer. After that, follow the guide that I linked to in my previous post, regarding the re-install.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 08 Feb 2016, 06:40

I followed Step 2 and Step 6 from the thread you sent me (using WinRAR this time!) yet it still shows the same error code.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 08 Feb 2016, 09:48

I don't know if this will help but try this (It's for Sims 3), but it might work for Medieval
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t6052-there-was-an-error-during-startup-please-see-the-log-for-more-details-fix#

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 08 Feb 2016, 23:55

Unfortunately, that didn't help either. All of the keys were already correct but I do appreciate it all. Thanks!

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 10 Feb 2016, 01:40

Achotia wrote:Unfortunately, that didn't help either. All of the keys were already correct but I do appreciate it all. Thanks!

At first, try downloading and installing "Your Un-installer Pro", from the link here:
http://bit.ly/1IWHMTw

Install the program according to the included instructions and start it up. Look in the main window for your Sims Medieval games and uninstall them both selecting super-mode. Just double-click on them, select then "Super Mode" and follow through.

When done,re-boot the computer. And then re-install the game according to the guide here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t18497-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-medieval-correctly

Good luck again !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 10 Feb 2016, 03:45

Uninstalling and then reinstalling it worked. Thank you oh so much! I must not have uninstalled it properly the first time!

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 10 Feb 2016, 04:34

Achotia wrote:Uninstalling and then reinstalling it worked. Thank you oh so much! I must not have uninstalled it properly the first time!

Thanks for letting us know @Achotia. Smile  And you're very welcome. Remember for future reference, you can use the program "Your Un-installer" to remove installed programs safely. It also helps in the event that you catch unpleasant things, such as annoying browser toolbars or similar things. Always use "Super-Mode" for uninstalling things, and make sure to re-boot the computer afterwards !

Feel free to open a new topic anytime again if you need more support. Until then: have fun ! Problem solved, topic closed. Wink
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top