Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The sims 4 unable to start. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The sims 4 unable to start. [SOLVED] Empty The sims 4 unable to start. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 28 Nov 2017, 11:06

i downloaded the sims 4 and the game won't start.it says i need to update the game. i don't know what to do. can anyone help me?

Back to top Go down

The sims 4 unable to start. [SOLVED] Empty Re: The sims 4 unable to start. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 28 Nov 2017, 16:14

marian4 wrote:i downloaded the sims 4 and the game won't start.it says i need to update the game. i don't know what to do. can anyone help me?

Can you show me the picture

Sent from Topic'it App

Back to top Go down

The sims 4 unable to start. [SOLVED] Empty Re: The sims 4 unable to start. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 28 Nov 2017, 18:18

marian4 wrote:i downloaded the sims 4 and the game won't start.it says i need to update the game. i don't know what to do. can anyone help me?
I presume that you get some kind of an error looking like unable to start ... higher version ... update via Origin.
In that case go to the folder My Documents -> Electronic Arts - The Sims 4 (or whatever name in your language).
Delete the file GameVersion.
Then start your game again.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 28 Nov 2017, 21:47

The sims 4 unable to start. [SOLVED] Screen10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 29 Nov 2017, 12:22

As I said eralier:
Go to Documents -> Electronic Arts -> The Sims 4 and delete the file GameVersion.
Now start your game again.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 29 Nov 2017, 13:49

there is no gameversion file to delete..

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 29 Nov 2017, 18:09

Of course there is a file GameVersion.txt
Don't look at the Sims 4 folder in Program Files or weherever you have installed it.

Look at local drive C -> Users -> Your username -> Electronic Arts -> The Sims 4 (or whatever it may be called in your language, like Los Sims 4, Les Sims 4, Die Sims 4 etc.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 29 Nov 2017, 19:53

I have the same problem only with the message:

The Sims 4 is already running

Is there a solution for this?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 29 Nov 2017, 21:26

ok i looked at c -> users -> username and there is no file electronic arts. i unistalled and installed the game a couple times and i have the same problem

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 29 Nov 2017, 23:49

marian4 wrote:ok i looked at c -> users -> username and there is no file electronic arts. i unistalled and installed the game a couple times and i have the same problem

Maybe he means look up at your document

Sent from Topic'it App

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 30 Nov 2017, 12:57

yes i found the sims 4 file in documents,but its not gameversion.txt. it's a text document.do i have to delete it?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 30 Nov 2017, 17:45

marian4 wrote:yes i found the sims 4 file in documents,but its not gameversion.txt. it's a text document.do i have to delete it?
As long as it is called GameVersion it's OK to delete it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 01 Dec 2017, 01:09

it worked!!!thank you very much i was trying three weeks to solve the problem. thank you Dandelion!!

EDIT:

OP's problems has been solved;
Topic will be closed.  Very Happy
- Ageha 

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top