Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can I install a Sims 4 expansion pack on an updated legit copy?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Can I install a Sims 4 expansion pack on an updated legit copy? Empty Can I install a Sims 4 expansion pack on an updated legit copy?

Post by Guest Tue 09 Feb 2016, 12:46

Hey! 

I have a legit copy of Sims 4 and yesterday I updated it to the last version, which I believe it is 1.15.55.1020, but I didn't realize that it might cause me problemes if I want to install an expansion pack from your site.
So, I was wondering, if I want to install Sims 4 Get to Work will it work even if I have an updated legit copy of Sims 4? And in order to install it, should I do something special, or I just have to follow the same rules?(copy those files to the base games's folders).

Thank you in advance!

Back to top Go down

Can I install a Sims 4 expansion pack on an updated legit copy? Empty Re: Can I install a Sims 4 expansion pack on an updated legit copy?

Post by Admin Tue 09 Feb 2016, 20:46

Hello there,

Since there is not crack for the latest version of the game yet, this will cause issues with your original copy. (Which is fully up-to-date)
Therefore the expansion packs won't be recognized by the game, since there is no crack for the latest version of the game (yet). Make sure to disable automatic updating of the base game, if possible. Or just install the torrented version, if you want to be safe.

I think your only option at the moment is to wait for a crack to be released for the game version you're currently on. @Carlos, please correct me if I'm wrong.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Can I install a Sims 4 expansion pack on an updated legit copy? Empty Re: Can I install a Sims 4 expansion pack on an updated legit copy?

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 10 Feb 2016, 00:07

starnight wrote:Hey! 

I have a legit copy of Sims 4 and yesterday I updated it to the last version, which I believe it is 1.15.55.1020, but I didn't realize that it might cause me problemes if I want to install an expansion pack from your site.
So, I was wondering, if I want to install Sims 4 Get to Work will it work even if I have an updated legit copy of Sims 4? And in order to install it, should I do something special, or I just have to follow the same rules?(copy those files to the base games's folders).

Thank you in advance!

Admin wrote:Hello there,

Since there is not crack for the latest version of the game yet, this will cause issues with your original copy. (Which is fully up-to-date)
Therefore the expansion packs won't be recognized by the game, since there is no crack for the latest version of the game (yet). Make sure to disable automatic updating of the base game, if possible. Or just install the torrented version, if you want to be safe.

I think your only option at the moment is to wait for a crack to be released for the game version you're currently on. @Carlos, please correct me if I'm wrong.

Hello all !

I would indeed not bother trying to use the 1.14 crack-files, on a 1.15 game on Origin. See this guide here to learn how to disable automatic game updates in Origin:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t20385-for-owners-of-the-sims-4-on-origin-a-note-on-automatic-game-updates

You should indeed wait until a new pirated version has been released (which we can't tell when it will be coming). Or you uninstall your Origin stuff, and re-download the base game from G4TW; and install that one instead.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 10 Feb 2016, 00:17

It seems that I will have to wait. Why God. Thank you very much for your advice!

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 10 Feb 2016, 00:21

starnight wrote:It seems that I will have to wait. Why God. Thank you very much for your advice!

I just saw another post in which a (regular) user mentioned he copied and pasted the Games4theworld pirated Sism 4 stuff over a legit base game on game version 1.15, and he allegedly managed to get the game working. If you want to take that risk, then it's up to you, but remember: I cannot independently verify what this other user said.

As a little solace though, you can still play a bit with your legit Sims 4 base game on Origin, even though without the DLC.  alien
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 10 Feb 2016, 00:27

I will think about it, but I can't say that I am ready to take the risk, especially if it was a single occurence and he was lucky or something. 
Thank you for telling me this! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 11 Feb 2016, 04:04

starnight wrote:I will think about it, but I can't say that I am ready to take the risk, especially if it was a single occurence and he was lucky or something. 
Thank you for telling me this! Very Happy

What he said.

When this other user posted this "workaround", I made it clear that most likely this was just pure luck, and you cannot necessarily expect this to work in future situations. Even though you are basically just replacing the new files with the old crack, it is still a risk. And again, you can't conclude anything from that, for the future. 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top