Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Updated legit copy + cracked expansions=?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Updated legit copy + cracked expansions=? Empty Updated legit copy + cracked expansions=?

Post by Guest Mon 03 Aug 2015, 17:02

Hello I tip my fedora. , I've uninstalled my cracked game and reinstalled my legit copy of the game, in the hopes that my game can be updated and then I'd be able to reinstall the available cracked expansions and game packs, keeping the features from the most recent update (half-walls, locked doors, etc). My question is: is this possible? Or, should I just uninstall the legit copy, once again Why God. , and reinstall the cracked original+game packs?

Back to top Go down

Updated legit copy + cracked expansions=? Empty Re: Updated legit copy + cracked expansions=?

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 03 Aug 2015, 21:08

starcristen wrote:Hello I tip my fedora. , I've uninstalled my cracked game and reinstalled my legit copy of the game, in the hopes that my game can be updated and then I'd be able to reinstall the available cracked expansions and game packs, keeping the features from the most recent update (half-walls, locked doors, etc). My question is: is this possible? Or, should I just uninstall the legit copy, once again Why God. , and reinstall the cracked original+game packs?

Hello,

First off, I know it is frustrating to not have acrack for the new TS4 content, but re-installing a legit game won't work, because whenever you want to use cracked content/DLC, you need a crack. You simply cannot use the currently available 1.7.65.1020 version of the crack, to run the newer content of TS4, like the Perfect Patio, Newcrest and whatnot.

A lot of people have been asking this and similar questions lately, but it just doesn't work, and I'm sorry if I sound blunt in saying that. But that's the way things look.

WhatDidUJustCallMe?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Updated legit copy + cracked expansions=? Empty Re: Updated legit copy + cracked expansions=?

Post by Guest Tue 04 Aug 2015, 00:12

That's alright, I guessed as much. It wasn't a complete waste of time, now I'm able to save some of the newer lots and households from the Gallery into my Tray folder (I was afraid to connect online with the crack lol). Thank you for taking the time to answer these types of questions yet again, I know that must also be frustrating. Facepalm

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 04 Aug 2015, 00:28

So, I was just checking the torrents to see if by some miracle a crack was made, of course there wasn't. But, I did see that someone uploaded updated origin files of the stuff packs and expansion packs without cracks. I know you're probably rolling your eyes at this point lol but, just to make this clear, can I use the stuff packs in any way with my legit copy and without a crack? This, being under the assumption that we don't need cracks for stuff packs, just expansion packs.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 04 Aug 2015, 08:09

starcristen wrote:So, I was just checking the torrents to see if by some miracle a crack was made, of course there wasn't. But, I did see that someone uploaded updated origin files of the stuff packs and expansion packs without cracks. I know you're probably rolling your eyes at this point lol but, just to make this clear, can I use the stuff packs in any way with my legit copy and without a crack? This, being under the assumption that we don't need cracks for stuff packs, just expansion packs.

Given the way you wrote that message, you probably suspect what my answer will look like already. Smile  No, I'm not rolling anything, but how likely is it that you need cracks only for expansions, and not for stuffpacks (too) ? Even if you had absolutely no knowledge whatsoever about cracking, how likely is that scenario ?

And if it was indeed possible, wouldn't we (@Games4theworld) have pointed that out long time ago already, in some global announcement here ?

Again: you cannot use the 1.7.65.1020 crack for any stuff "beyond" it (Perfect Patio, Spa Pack, Newcrest, etc.).

P.S. as a personal sidenote, you shouldn't have bought these games in the first place. If you plan on "mixing" cracked content with legit stuff, you definitely need to wait for an Ultimate fix. But couldn't you have gone with purely cracked releases (TS4 Base Game, Get to Work, etc.) right from the start ? Many people make this mistake unfortunately. 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 05 Aug 2015, 06:24

Carlos wrote:how likely is it that you need cracks only for expansions, and not for stuffpacks (too) ? Even if you had absolutely no knowledge whatsoever about cracking, how likely is that scenario ?

And if it was indeed possible, wouldn't we (@Games4theworld) have pointed that out long time ago already, in some global announcement here ?

Yes, that most definitely crossed my mind but I had some hope and hope does things to my brain Why God.

Carlos wrote:P.S. as a personal sidenote, you shouldn't have bought these games in the first place. If you plan on "mixing" cracked content with legit stuff, you definitely need to wait for an Ultimate fix. But couldn't you have gone with purely cracked releases (TS4 Base Game, Get to Work, etc.) right from the start ? Many people make this mistake unfortunately.

I got the legit copy of the game after I saw all the big changes they made in the free updates and the free holiday stuff pack. I was under the impression that they became a new, more reasonable EA (thought it would be nice to support them). Unfortunately, that delusion quickly changed when I saw the prices for the following expansion and stuff packs. On the bright side, it's not much of a waste. I probably would have spent that money on something even more useless. Not to mention, I can go into the gallery and keep updating my game if it turns out to be uncrackable.

No, I don't ever mix legit and crack. I usually just uninstall one and reinstall the other, making sure to keep my saved Game and Tray folder. For me, it's a lot easier than going through the Ultimate Fix.

Thank you for replying, you've managed to crush all the hope I had lol. In this case, that's a good thing Carlos is tha man!!! .

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top