Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3 Pets 'insert disk 1' solution (till Admin finds one ;D) [CLOSED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 Pets 'insert disk 1' solution (till Admin finds one ;D) [CLOSED] Empty Sims 3 Pets 'insert disk 1' solution (till Admin finds one ;D) [CLOSED]

Post by Guest Tue 18 Oct 2011, 22:17

The new, official Fix can be downloaded here: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t2251-the-sims-3-pets-please-insert-disk-1-official-fix . For people who prefer to re-download the torrent, which is not necessary, but OK; I've uploaded a new, fixed and fully working version HERE

Admin edit: Hello,

While you can try the temporary Fix (Which should work fine), I'm uploading a fixed version of the download in like 45 minutes.
Besides that, I'll also upload a Fix for everyone who has already downloaded Pets.

Sorry for the problems!

- ADMIN

Hi guys,

So for now, I have found the solution for the 'insert disk 1' problem.
Here is what you do:

1. Get the missing files from the Generations rar from G4TW.
This is the 'read me' folder.

EDIT: I have uploaded my files so download them, extract it and put them in the folder below: http://www.mediafire.com/?ipy58o2wpkp92ih
2. Copy this folder to Support and place it there so you have

EA help
Origin
Readme
Updates

3. Start installing. While installing it will probably give a message that the files aren't correct/compatible or something.
I had the option to ignore this message. It will say this for two files, so click ignore twice and it should continue installing.

4. That's it!

@ Admin: This is just a temporary thing I found out, the guys and girls went crazy so if you find another solution, feel free to remove this one Smile

In het Nederlands (Dutch version):

1. Download het volgende bestand: http://www.mediafire.com/?ipy58o2wpkp92ih OF als je de originele bestanden van elk andere uitbreiding nog hebt, haal daar de map 'Read me' uit. Deze is te vinden in Support/Readme.

2. Pak de bestanden uit en plaats ze in de Support map (in je Pets.rar!!!). Je ziet nu de volgende mappen onder elkaar staan:

EA Help
Origin
Readme
Updates

3. Installeer het spel Tijdens het installeren zal deze een boodschap geven dat de bestanden niet overeen komen/niet kloppen o.i.d. Je hebt hier de optie deze boodschap te negeren. Doe dit twee keer (hij zal twee keer deze boodschap geven) als het goed is gaat deze door met installeren en hoort het nu te werken.

Admin edit: Confirmed. I'm working on a re-upload.

- ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 Pets 'insert disk 1' solution (till Admin finds one ;D) [CLOSED] Empty Re: Sims 3 Pets 'insert disk 1' solution (till Admin finds one ;D) [CLOSED]

Post by Guest Tue 18 Oct 2011, 22:49

Confirmed that this works perfectly, thanks for the workaround!

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 Pets 'insert disk 1' solution (till Admin finds one ;D) [CLOSED] Empty Re: Sims 3 Pets 'insert disk 1' solution (till Admin finds one ;D) [CLOSED]

Post by Guest Tue 18 Oct 2011, 23:18

What folder do i need to put it in? i tried it in all the support folders and i still got the same message...let me know. thanks

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 18 Oct 2011, 23:22

You put it into the Support folder that's in the Generations.rar you just downloaded. Do make sure you have extracted your .rar into a folder so you can copy files into it.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Tue 18 Oct 2011, 23:23

aamorgan05 wrote:What folder do i need to put it in? i tried it in all the support folders and i still got the same message...let me know. thanks

Hello,
It goes to "support" folder, try ignoring the message to continue installation.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 18 Oct 2011, 23:37

ok so i put the file in the support folder where i installed generations, did the install the thing popped up asking for the disk, so i thought it meant the ones i have mounted, it said invalid, so then i picked the folder for generations where i installed it. I got the option to ignore. i did so twice but then it went right back to saying it was invalid, couldn't find path....so what should i do?

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Tue 18 Oct 2011, 23:40

Hello,
You don't mount this file, it should just be extracted, then run setup.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 18 Oct 2011, 23:41

oh i know hun, i was just saying that i thought when it asked for "disk 1" it was literally asking for the disk 1 that was mounted. sorry for the confusion.

//EDIT

oh wait i just tried it again and its now asking for the orgin setup file location...i dont have that file. how do i get that
ps thanks for yall's patience with me Smile

//EDIT

okay sorry guys! but i just copied the orgin folder from pets to gen and when it asked for the data2.cab i just copied it from the gen.rar to the place where i installed gen. and it worked! Thanks for the help guys Very Happy big hugs

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 19 Oct 2011, 00:14

Hi everyone! First and foremost thanks very much for this upload Very Happy .

Ok, so I've read all the above, have the same "Insert disk one" issue and have downloaded the "read me" folder from MediaFile.

I'm really confused where this goes, Generations is mentioned a lot but I don't have Generations installed, only The Sims 3 base game...please can someone take me through what I do now?

Thank you so much Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed 19 Oct 2011, 00:18

MissLouB wrote:Hi everyone! First and foremost thanks very much for this upload Very Happy .

Ok, so I've read all the above, have the same "Insert disk one" issue and have downloaded the "read me" folder from MediaFile.

I'm really confused where this goes, Generations is mentioned a lot but I don't have Generations installed, only The Sims 3 base game...please can someone take me through what I do now?

Thank you so much Smile
Hello,

If you can wait a few more minutes, I'm currently working on an easier-to-follow Fix.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 19 Oct 2011, 00:20

Thanks Smile . I did just realise where the read me folder needs to go, the only bit I was utterly stumped on is the "generations missing files" that need to go into the read me folder before hand.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 19 Oct 2011, 12:48

thanx man, yeah towards the end of the installation i got the files aren't correct/compatible etc but i just selected ignore on 2 or 3 files or so and then it finished the install fine.

Do you think i shouldn't have any issues whilst playing the game after this then?

Sims 3 is the only game i don't legally own and it's only my partner that plays it (of course lol). Thanx again.

There was no update to the sims 3 pets after installation and the crack works fine with no errors whilst loading the last current save with store content etc.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu 20 Oct 2011, 00:09

djdynamite123 wrote:thanx man, yeah towards the end of the installation i got the files aren't correct/compatible etc but i just selected ignore on 2 or 3 files or so and then it finished the install fine.

Do you think i shouldn't have any issues whilst playing the game after this then?

Sims 3 is the only game i don't legally own and it's only my partner that plays it (of course lol). Thanx again.

There was no update to the sims 3 pets after installation and the crack works fine with no errors whilst loading the last current save with store content etc.
Hello,

No, this shouldn't cause any further problems regarding you gameplay. Have fun playing!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 20 Oct 2011, 00:20

Admin wrote:
djdynamite123 wrote:thanx man, yeah towards the end of the installation i got the files aren't correct/compatible etc but i just selected ignore on 2 or 3 files or so and then it finished the install fine.

Hello,

No, this shouldn't cause any further problems regarding you gameplay. Have fun playing!
awesome, partner played it for about 90mins dis afternoon whilst little one was at nursery, all was well, thanx allot.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu 20 Oct 2011, 00:38

djdynamite123 wrote:
Admin wrote:

Hello,

awesome, partner played it for about 90mins dis afternoon whilst little one was at nursery, all was well, thanx allot.
Hello,

I'm glad you and your partner enjoy the game. Have fun! Wink
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 20 Oct 2011, 13:50

my partner, you'd never see me touching a game like sims! :p

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu 20 Oct 2011, 17:59

djdynamite123 wrote:my partner, you'd never see me touching a game like sims! :p
Haha, ok ok, sorry for the offence.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Fri 21 Oct 2011, 09:35

Admin wrote:
djdynamite123 wrote:my partner, you'd never see me touching a game like sims! :p
Haha, ok ok, sorry for the offence.

LOL
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top