Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Takes forever and a day to load.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Takes forever and a day to load. Empty Takes forever and a day to load.

Post by Guest Sat 11 Oct 2014, 00:58

Hey guys, I'm having real trouble loading up my game. I'm on Windows 8 (Unfortunately), and I have all the EPs and SPs (All of them are G4TW torrents, except for Ambitions, Late Night, Island Paradise and Town Life) as well as a lot of store content (once again, came from G4TW.)

Now, the pre-loading to get to the neighborhood select screen doesn't take very long (2-3 minutes). But I've seen loading an actual save take up to 30 minutes or more- and it's been getting worse lately. CAS loading is even worse- last time I had to force quit because it was taking so long.

Is this sort of horrid loading length normal? What can I do to make it load quicker? Is there any more info you need? Thanks in advance, you guys are awesome.

Back to top Go down

Takes forever and a day to load. Empty Re: Takes forever and a day to load.

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 11 Oct 2014, 01:09

Aquabreeze wrote:Hey guys, I'm having real trouble loading up my game. I'm on Windows 8 (Unfortunately), and I have all the EPs and SPs (All of them are G4TW torrents, except for Ambitions, Late Night, Island Paradise and Town Life) as well as a lot of store content (once again, came from G4TW.)

Now, the pre-loading to get to the neighborhood select screen doesn't take very long (2-3 minutes). But I've seen loading an actual save take up to 30 minutes or more- and it's been getting worse lately. CAS loading is even worse- last time I had to force quit because it was taking so long.

Is this sort of horrid loading length normal? What can I do to make it load quicker? Is there any more info you need? Thanks in advance, you guys are awesome.

Hello Aquabreeze,

This can have a variety of reasons. If a savegame eventually loads, save your sims into the library and then make a new savegame, where you can put your sims (from the library) into it.

As for the CAS lag, see this topic here and try my suggestions there.

See this link here for an up-to-date guide on how to use "Razer's GameBooster", which might help you too.

In general, see this post here too, and do all the suggestions, if you haven't done so already:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t17208-sims-3-has-stopped-working#118442

There, focus on the "4GB patch" and the cache deleting in particular.

Take your time for doing everything, and post back whenever you like about your results. Good luck ! Smile  
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top