Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game stops working at startup. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Game stops working at startup. [SOLVED] Empty Game stops working at startup. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Fri 11 Mar 2016, 22:26

Hi!

First of all, thanks for all the great work you are doing!

I've installed the sims 4, did the fix, followed all the (anti-virus) instructions. Updated all my drivers. But still my sims 4 game doesn't work. 
It starts up, I get to see the maxis/sims 4 screen. Then the green pawn starts bouncing and the music starts playing... But then the screen is not moving anymore and the music keeps playing until it's finished... But nothing happens.. The game doesn't continue. No error message or anything.
Do you have any suggestions for me what the problem could be?

Thanks!

Donna

Back to top Go down

Game stops working at startup. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Game stops working at startup. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 12 Mar 2016, 07:53

Donna59 wrote:Hi!

First of all, thanks for all the great work you are doing!

I've installed the sims 4, did the fix, followed all the (anti-virus) instructions. Updated all my drivers. But still my sims 4 game doesn't work. 
It starts up, I get to see the maxis/sims 4 screen. Then the green pawn starts bouncing and the music starts playing... But then the screen is not moving anymore and the music keeps playing until it's finished... But nothing happens.. The game doesn't continue. No error message or anything.
Do you have any suggestions for me what the problem could be?

Thanks!

Donna

//MOVED

Hello and welcome to the forum @Donna59,

I'll assume you installed the base game of The Sims 4, and then applied the Ultimate fix ? If so, you're not supposed to do that actually. 

I would recommend the following installation order of the items.

1) TS4 Base game
2) Get to Work
3) Get together
4) "Hotfix", see this topic

Instead of step 3 here, you could apply the Ultimate fix too, but that won't give you the "Get together" expansion pack. And most people want to have all DLCs anyhow. 

Then see if it allows you to start the game. Good luck ! P.S. you can download the other things from the official site here.

Last edited by Carlos on Mon 14 Mar 2016, 00:25; edited 1 time in total
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Game stops working at startup. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Game stops working at startup. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Mon 14 Mar 2016, 00:07

Thank you very much :-D Game is working now!

Mod edit: feel free to get back in touch with us again anytime you need more support (just open a new topic then). Have fun ! Problem solved, topic closed. Very Happy 

- Carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top