Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Keep getting the same error with the AIO edition. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Keep getting the same error with the AIO edition. [SOLVED] Empty Keep getting the same error with the AIO edition. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Mon 14 Mar 2016, 20:19

Hi, I am new to this forum

I recently installed "The Sims 3 All In One Edition (Including Into The Future EXP)" and I am having issues with it. I can play the game after applying "The sims 3 fix" but I am unable to update to the latest version which means I am unable to use the Into the future expansion, use CAW and use certain custom content that was made in the latest version (1.69 I think) when ever I try to install the patch update I get this error:

"The setup has detected that no version of The Sims 3 is installed. This update requires that a previous version of the application is installed."

and when I try to install the into the future expansion this error is displayed:

"Update to The Sims 3 failed, Setup is unable to continue."

I am using windows 10 64 bit with all the"Net framework" and "C++" stuff is already on my PC

Is there anyway to fix?

I look forward to your response

Back to top Go down

Keep getting the same error with the AIO edition. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Keep getting the same error with the AIO edition. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 15 Mar 2016, 01:52

The infamous wrote:Hi, I am new to this forum

I recently installed "The Sims 3 All In One Edition (Including Into The Future EXP)" and I am having issues with it. I can play the game after applying "The sims 3 fix" but I am unable to update to the latest version which means I am unable to use the Into the future expansion, use CAW and use certain custom content that was made in the latest version (1.69 I think) when ever I try to install the patch update I get this error:

"The setup has detected that no version of The Sims 3 is installed. This update requires that a previous version of the application is installed."

and when I try to install the into the future expansion this error is displayed:

I am using windows 10 64 bit with all the"Net framework" and "C++" stuff is already on my PC

Is there anyway to fix?

Hello and welcome to the forum,

Please note that our stuff (manual patch + Ultimate fix) are intended to be used only forum our own releases of The Sims 3, and not necessarily for Sims 3 releases from other uploaders. If you need to add the "Into the Future"-expansion into that AIO edition, and you cannot manage to do so, you should try and get in touch with the person who uploaded this AIO edition, since we can't really give support on stuff from other people.

Or you go through the hassle (?) of re-downloading our own "Complete Collection" of The Sims 3, available on this site here:
https://games4theworld.org/downloads.html

It has all expansions included. Please also note that the 1.69 version is ONLY available for people who actually own the game on Origin. Pirated Sims 3 games will only be "updateable" to 1.67.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Keep getting the same error with the AIO edition. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Keep getting the same error with the AIO edition. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 15 Mar 2016, 17:37

Carlos wrote:
The infamous wrote:Hi, I am new to this forum

Is there anyway to fix?

Hello and welcome to the forum,

Please note that our stuff (manual patch + Ultimate fix) are intended to be used only forum our own releases of The Sims 3, and not necessarily for Sims 3 releases from other uploaders. If you need to add the "Into the Future"-expansion into that AIO edition, and you cannot manage to do so, you should try and get in touch with the person who uploaded this AIO edition, since we can't really give support on stuff from other people.

Or you go through the hassle (?) of re-downloading our own "Complete Collection" of The Sims 3, available on this site here:

It has all expansions included. Please also note that the 1.69 version is ONLY available for people who actually own the game on Origin. Pirated Sims 3 games will only be "updateable" to 1.67.
Oh sorry I thought the patches were intended for all releases by all uploaders. May as well download your version of the complete collection because I want the game with everything included, but I have a few questions. Is there a guide on installing your complete collection? is it just a simple auto run and it installs all the contents? Can I back up all my "Downloads" and "Mods" custom content I currently have and then put it into the new downloads and mods folder when I have finished installing your version? will the Create a world tool pick up the 1.67 version? and will the "signing in" option affect the game?

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Tue 15 Mar 2016, 18:27

Hello,

The complete collection comes with a clear installation guide. If you have any questions after reading it, feel free to ask.
You can backup your saves and mods for later use. 
There should also be a 1.67 version for CAW, make sure you get the right version though.

If you uninstall your current game, keep in mind that you have to restart your PC when you finish uninstalling. I do suspect that you're currently using a game with a modified installer, so there may be problems afterwards. We do know how to solve those though, so if a problem occurs with your new install, don't hesitate to let us know.

Good luck!
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 18 Mar 2016, 01:04

The link in the opening post here should lead to the 1.67 version of the Create-A-World tool:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t7423-download-link-for-the-create-a-world-tool

To make sure nothing happens with your saves, backup the folder "The Sims 3", located under Documents\Electronic Arts; have a copy of the folder ready, in a safe location. 

Good luck for now !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 19 Mar 2016, 17:09

Thanks guys, your complete collection is working and I have all the EXPS and stuff now. Only problem I'm facing is when I run the setup for worldtool.exe I get the message:

"Do you want to completely remove the selected application and all of its features?"

I don't understand what it wants me to do because worldtool isn't even installed in my pc I uninstalled it I is confused

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sat 19 Mar 2016, 17:17

Hello,

What happens if you let it uninstall? Perhaps there are some residual files that make the setup think it's still installed.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 19 Mar 2016, 17:25

Edin ElDi wrote:Hello,

What happens if you let it uninstall? Perhaps there are some residual files that make the setup think it's still installed.
It let me install it after I let it uninstall. I have another issue, the mods folder wasn't in the Mydocuments/electronic arts/sims 3. So I made a mods folder and a package folder and placed all my package files in the package folder. The game won't pick up anything in the mods folder, what do I do?

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sat 19 Mar 2016, 17:38

Hello, 

Do you have the resourcefile in there? 
Let me just start my pc and fetch you a link.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 19 Mar 2016, 17:38

Edin ElDi wrote:Hello, 

Do you have the resourcefile in there?
No

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sat 19 Mar 2016, 17:43

Ok, read this for instructions and a link to a "framework". You already have the framework, but it won't hurt to follow the instructions anyway.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 19 Mar 2016, 17:55

Edin ElDi wrote:Ok, read this for instructions and a link to a "framework". You already have the framework, but it won't hurt to follow the instructions anyway.
Thanks! everything works now

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sat 19 Mar 2016, 18:01

Good to hear!
Don't hesitate to post if you have questions or problems again.
Happy simming The Sims Plumbob 1 topic closed.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top