Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Completely Black Plumbob

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Completely Black Plumbob Empty Completely Black Plumbob

Post by Guest Tue 22 Mar 2016, 20:19

So, a few days ago I downloaded the whole Sims 4 game, with the currently available expansion packs and threw in the Ultimate Fix, too, so I have all that installed, and the game works just fine, but I'm kinda getting bothered by the fact that the plumbob that hangs above my active sim's head is totally black? 

Is there any reason for this, or any fix?

Back to top Go down

Completely Black Plumbob Empty Re: Completely Black Plumbob

Post by Guest Wed 23 Mar 2016, 00:06

Have you downloaded the Hotfix for Get Together?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 23 Mar 2016, 03:00

leafy wrote:So, a few days ago I downloaded the whole Sims 4 game, with the currently available expansion packs and threw in the Ultimate Fix, too, so I have all that installed, and the game works just fine, but I'm kinda getting bothered by the fact that the plumbob that hangs above my active sim's head is totally black? 

Hello and welcome to the forum @leafy,

Beyond what the previous poster suggested, did you by chance use the cheat HeadlineEffects on ? If yes, could you try turning the cheat off again ?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 23 Mar 2016, 18:50

Carlos wrote:
leafy wrote:So, a few days ago I downloaded the whole Sims 4 game, with the currently available expansion packs and threw in the Ultimate Fix, too, so I have all that installed, and the game works just fine, but I'm kinda getting bothered by the fact that the plumbob that hangs above my active sim's head is totally black? 

Hello and welcome to the forum @leafy,

Beyond what the previous poster suggested, did you by chance use the cheat HeadlineEffects on ? If yes, could you try turning the cheat off again ?

Thank you for the response! 

I have downloaded and installed the hotfix, and I haven't used a single cheat in the game since reinstalling it

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 24 Mar 2016, 02:32

leafy wrote:

I have downloaded and installed the hotfix, and I haven't used a single cheat in the game since reinstalling it

Can you try navigating to the location Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4, and then delete the file localthumbcache.package ? Then re-start the game and see if it affects your game positively. Smile
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 24 Mar 2016, 17:12

Carlos wrote:
leafy wrote:

Can you try navigating to the location Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4, and then delete the file localthumbcache.package ? Then re-start the game and see if it affects your game positively. Smile

Yep, I did that but sadly it doesn't seem to have affected my game in the slightest  Oh my...

//EDIT

I actually started having more problems with the game, like my sims going to the bathroom instead of doing literally any task I assign, despite having a completely full bladder bar, or going through the floor when they walk and stuff like that, so I looked it up and apparently my game needs to be repaired with Origin, is there any way I can repair the game without Origin? I don't want to have to reinstall everything all over again.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 26 Mar 2016, 00:47

leafy wrote:Yep, I did that but sadly it doesn't seem to have affected my game in the slightest  Oh my...

//EDIT

I actually started having more problems with the game, like my sims going to the bathroom instead of doing literally any task I assign, despite having a completely full bladder bar, or going through the floor when they walk and stuff like that, so I looked it up and apparently my game needs to be repaired with Origin, is there any way I can repair the game without Origin? I don't want to have to reinstall everything all over again.

The "repair in Origin"-function is the same as un-installing & re-installing a pirated Sims 4 game, including all DLC. Feel free to try it if you like. Just make sure to keep the install order as follows.

1) TS4 base game
2) Get to Work
3) Get together
4) Hotfix
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top