Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"Unable to start: The contents of your user data directory were created by a newer version of The Sims and cannot be loaded. Please update your game via Origin to play.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

"Unable to start: The contents of your user data directory were created by a newer version of The Sims and cannot be loaded. Please update your game via Origin to play.  Empty "Unable to start: The contents of your user data directory were created by a newer version of The Sims and cannot be loaded. Please update your game via Origin to play.

Post by Guest Sat 02 Apr 2016, 17:03

Hello guys can u please help me? Im trying to install The sims togheter that includes al the game packages and so.I did this to my own computer a coulpe of months ago and it was no trouble at all. I have followed the installation guide but it just wont work. 

When i press the the sims logo in the game bin this message comes up: "Unable to start: The contents of your user data directory were created by a newer version of The Sims and cannot be loaded. Please update your game via Origin to play.
[d6f91ffb]" 

Can anybody help me? I tried all day. I hope im posting this in the right tread.

Back to top Go down

"Unable to start: The contents of your user data directory were created by a newer version of The Sims and cannot be loaded. Please update your game via Origin to play.  Empty Re: "Unable to start: The contents of your user data directory were created by a newer version of The Sims and cannot be loaded. Please update your game via Origin to play.

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 03 Apr 2016, 21:04

emmakarlsen93 wrote:Hello guys can u please help me? Im trying to install The sims togheter that includes al the game packages and so.I did this to my own computer a coulpe of months ago and it was no trouble at all. I have followed the installation guide but it just wont work. 

When i press the the sims logo in the game bin this message comes up: "Unable to start: The contents of your user data directory were created by a newer version of The Sims and cannot be loaded. Please update your game via Origin to play.
[d6f91ffb]" 

Can anybody help me? I tried all day. I hope im posting this in the right tread.

Hello and welcome to the forum @emmakarlsen93,

Navigate to Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4 and delete the file named GameVersion.txt there. Then try the game again. Good luck for now ! 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

"Unable to start: The contents of your user data directory were created by a newer version of The Sims and cannot be loaded. Please update your game via Origin to play.  Empty Re: "Unable to start: The contents of your user data directory were created by a newer version of The Sims and cannot be loaded. Please update your game via Origin to play.

Post by Guest Sat 28 Jan 2017, 01:45

Thank you so much @The_gh0stm4n!!!! 

I really appreciate you taking the time to help us. I was wondering if you knew anything about the toddler update/vampire DLC? Are they going to be released on this site at the same time? Much love.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top