Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HELP! "Unable to start: The contents of your user data directory were created by a newer version of The Sims 4 and cannot be loaded. Please update your game via Origin to play"

View previous topic View next topic Go down

HELP! "Unable to start: The contents of your user data directory were created by a newer version of The Sims 4 and cannot be loaded. Please update your game via Origin to play" Empty HELP! "Unable to start: The contents of your user data directory were created by a newer version of The Sims 4 and cannot be loaded. Please update your game via Origin to play"

Post by Guest Sat 11 Aug 2018, 21:23

Hello,

So basically i have an older base game of The Sims 4 (1.0.732.20 ver.) from RELOADED, but it didn't have the Half Wall tools that i craved badly, so i decided to search for some update-only cracked version to back up my older base game. I found one here with 1.41.38.1020 ver., it did have the Half Wall tools so i downloaded and installed it to my base game. Which works totally fine until i wanted to install some DLC to spice up things with the plain bland base game of mine.

The Install Procedure that i did:

1.0.73. Base Game -> 1.41. Base Game Patch: Rename the original "Game" directory to "Game_" instead, and added the patch's "Game" in (x86)'s The Sims 4 folder. -> Get to Work.

[For your information, i've never successfully installed DLCs to all my base game, so i had totally no idea how it actually works.]

First try,

The game won't run like it originally did. It did popped out something seemed like this:

HELP! "Unable to start: The contents of your user data directory were created by a newer version of The Sims 4 and cannot be loaded. Please update your game via Origin to play" SLRdf8E

I read here somewhere that this kind of problem could be solved by deleting your Default.ini document in Bin Sims 4's installed directory, and so i did. The game launched perfectly, but it won't let me loaded my household or create any new game and something like Winged LLama like this popped out around some neighbourhood in Willow Creek:

HELP! "Unable to start: The contents of your user data directory were created by a newer version of The Sims 4 and cannot be loaded. Please update your game via Origin to play" 12620711

But Oasis Spring and Newcrest unaffected by this Winged-LLama-thing. I still got a chance to checked the Build Mode items before it couldn't launched anymore. I got the Outdoor Retreat items too, but Granite Falls and Magnolia Promenade are missing from the World Maps. After that, the game wouldn't let me do anything. It let me made a new character, but after that, i couldn't move in or bought the lot at all.

To put it simply, the game is basically unplayable at this point because it won't let me do anything in the first place.

So, the questions are:

1. How do i fix this situation?

2. I did intended to install all the EP, SP, and DLC, but I planned to download Jungle Adventure, Cats & Dogs, City Living and Seasons first. Is there any particular step i needed to do to make them work? Or it would work eitherway it is randomly installed according to my personal interest at the moment? If it isn't so, i need the listings of particular step i had to take to install all the Expansion Packs that currently available.

3. When i successfully installed Get to Work later on, i planned to install the Jungle Adventure one. I said above that i did not delete the original base game "Game" directory in my installation folder, i just rename them and added the Patch onto the folder. So, if i planned to install my next Expansion Packs, which "Game" directory that i need to overwrite? The "Game_" Base's or the "Game" Patch and DLC's directory?

Sorry if it sounded like i'm a total noob (for which i am on this matter). I just needed some help that i did not found on any other site before this.

Back to top Go down

HELP! "Unable to start: The contents of your user data directory were created by a newer version of The Sims 4 and cannot be loaded. Please update your game via Origin to play" Empty Re: HELP! "Unable to start: The contents of your user data directory were created by a newer version of The Sims 4 and cannot be loaded. Please update your game via Origin to play"

Post by Guest Sun 12 Aug 2018, 05:37

Thanks a bunch for the links! If i just wanted to install the EP separately, which "Game" directory do i overwrite if i already installed one of the DLC pack? The base game directory or the DLC one?

Back to top Go down

HELP! "Unable to start: The contents of your user data directory were created by a newer version of The Sims 4 and cannot be loaded. Please update your game via Origin to play" Empty Re: HELP! "Unable to start: The contents of your user data directory were created by a newer version of The Sims 4 and cannot be loaded. Please update your game via Origin to play"

Post by Guest Sun 12 Aug 2018, 12:52

Neither will work because your files are messed up. As I said in post above, releases from G4TW must be installed in correct order. You messed that up already so either install my full patch (that will take care of "Game" folder so it works fine) or grab all-in-one version.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top