Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Using a bought copy to download from the gallery and a pirated one to play?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Using a bought copy to download from the gallery and a pirated one to play? Empty Using a bought copy to download from the gallery and a pirated one to play?

Post by Guest Wed 06 Apr 2016, 16:32

Hey guys. I bought the base game and am really digging it so far. Wanna get into the sims more but the expansion pack prices are ridiculous so I turned to "alternative" sources for them hehe My question is can I still access the gallery even if I have pirated expansion packs? I can't find a definitive answer on the matter, but if it turns out I can't, are there alternatives? For example, can I open the bought copy of the game to download items from the gallery, then transfer some files around and have the gallery items show up in my pirated game?

*edited because "a definitive answer on the answer" is a stupid thing to type....

**edit again
After doing some more digging around I see that some users can apparently access the gallery through the pirated game if they have an origin account with a legitimate copy of the game? Is this still possible?

Back to top Go down

Using a bought copy to download from the gallery and a pirated one to play? Empty Re: Using a bought copy to download from the gallery and a pirated one to play?

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 07 Apr 2016, 20:34

Hello and welcome to the forum @adversusanima,

The only way you can access the gallery these days is through a legit Sims 4 game on Origin. Theoretically, you could run both a legit game and a pirated game on the same computer, but it might be easier to keep the games on separate machines.

Should you want to use only one computer for that, you will need to do some tweaking. This post here may be able to give you some insights on that.
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t22519-library-legal-base-game-pirate-expansions#150639

Good luck for now ! Smile
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top