Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My Computer Detected a Trojan

View previous topic View next topic Go down

My Computer Detected a Trojan Empty My Computer Detected a Trojan

Post by Guest Sun 10 Apr 2016, 18:20

I don't mean to alarm anyone but I really did want The Sims 4. I forgot to turn Norton off even though it told me too because I'm a pretty idiotic person, but when I went to go play the game it said something about rld.dll missing because Norton removed it, but it said that I could whitelist it. I went to Norton and I was going to put it back on my computer, but Norton says that it is a Trojan.Gen.2. Not only that, but there were other files with similar viruses and nasty things that could wreck my computer that were removed from the game. I need to know if it really is safe to have this game on my computer. Thanks.

Back to top Go down

My Computer Detected a Trojan Empty Re: My Computer Detected a Trojan

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 10 Apr 2016, 18:40

SpiritAnimal wrote:I don't mean to alarm anyone but I really did want The Sims 4. I forgot to turn Norton off even though it told me too because I'm a pretty idiotic person, but when I went to go play the game it said something about rld.dll missing because Norton removed it, but it said that I could whitelist it. I went to Norton and I was going to put it back on my computer, but Norton says that it is a Trojan.Gen.2. Not only that, but there were other files with similar viruses and nasty things that could wreck my computer that were removed from the game. I need to know if it really is safe to have this game on my computer. Thanks.

Hello and welcome to the forum @SpiritAnimal,

Yes, you can safely ignore the "warnings" of the anti-virus program. It is very common in modern pirated games that you get these warnings. For more details, see also some earlier threads on the forum, for example this one here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t21311-the-sims-4-ultimate-fix-major-issue-possible-virus-in-current-version

Hope this helps, and good luck !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top