Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Check this.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Check this. Empty Check this.

Post by Guest Thu 21 Apr 2016, 12:46

I just wanted to share something I saw. This world is called Beach City by some creator named RFlong7. Here is a link for a review on youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTvKj_rfXu8

In my opinion, it is far better than any EA made city I have seen. Of course, after this point it is all about talent and creativity. I am not such an artist so I am not expecting this kind of stuff. But this guy really seems cool. I also read his post with this release, he says it took over 4 years. I did not download and play it because it includes too much store content and it means too much trouble for a pirated version Very Happy

On the side note, can you guys just give me a hint about those roads with pedestrian crosswalks.  They seem so realistic, are those custom patterns?

Mod edit: topic split and moved to the right section.

- Carlos

Back to top Go down

Check this. Empty Re: Check this.

Post by Guest Fri 22 Apr 2016, 12:32

Quetze wrote:In my opinion, it is far better than any EA made city I have seen.

That's really not saying much.

Looks ok I guess...

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 24 Apr 2016, 20:38

Beyond that, I doubt the developers are spending that much time/effort on "good-looking" towns or pre-made sims. Smile  They will have (for better or worse) other priorities in their agenda.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 24 Apr 2016, 21:50

Anyway, my motivation is not the EA made worlds here. I just found this world to be well detailed, good planned and realistic. I wanted to build a world myself so I have been searching for many world reviews lately and this was the best one I saw. He not only used quite cool details, but also avoided too much detail, which may also ruin any custom made stuff such as worlds, lots, sims or whatever.

That being said, I do not have 4 and a half years to spend building a world, hence this kind of stuff is only a dream for me. In addition, CAW does not let me use edit in game with custom content and I need that trick of renaming the TS3W.exe to get it worked, so I am avoiding extended use of CAW. Because whilst I am using CAW, I simply can not play the game... And it is annoying to move cc and rename the exe file every now and then.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top