Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to check for faulty mods?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

How to check for faulty mods? Empty How to check for faulty mods?

Post by Guest Fri 19 May 2017, 10:55

Hi all!

Since the new Toddlers and Vampires update, my game has started to crash after I've been playing for an hour or so. I think it's due to a faulty mod. Is there an easy way to check this, or do you manually have to get some out of the game and then drag them in 1 by 1 to see which one it is? 

I'm playing on a Mac via Wineskin in case this has something to do with it!
I'm fairly new to the forum so hopefully this hasn't been mentioned for 1098798 times already..
Your help will be greatly appreciated Dedicated to Carlos

Back to top Go down

How to check for faulty mods? Empty Re: How to check for faulty mods?

Post by Guest Fri 19 May 2017, 11:07

There is a mod conflict detector available at Mod the sims, I think. use that it might help narrow down the search. Other than that use the 50/50% way. Move mods out of Documents sims 4, create new folder, call it Testing. Add about 50% of your mods  into iy. ( once again move, not Copy paste. Run game without mods folder, it will automatically create a new mods folder. Exit game. Now move your testing file into your new mods folder. Run the game and check if problem persists. If not, you are lucky. You can move those mods into the new mods folder. If yes, you have to half the mods in the testing Folder and repeat process. Very time consuming, I know. I had to do this and I have over 5000 cc files Smile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top