Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

There was an error during set up, please check log.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

There was an error during set up, please check log. Empty There was an error during set up, please check log.

Post by Guest Mon 01 Oct 2012, 17:45

Hi when I try to start the game I get this error.

I read all the posts that have been recommend and have downloaded the ultimate fix file. When I first copy over the files to the base game the error disappears, it's not until I load Generations or Pets on (the ones where I need to copy of the files to the base game instead of expansion packs) that the error comes back up. I have followed each step carefully to that of the guide given, not missed any or changed anything.

I have tried uninstalling everything and cleared the registry but still the error comes up. I tried starting from the start up in the bin file but then a different error comes up. 'Unable to start game - Service Initialization Failed.'

Can anyone help? I would really appreciate it x

Back to top Go down

There was an error during set up, please check log. Empty Re: There was an error during set up, please check log.

Post by Admin Mon 01 Oct 2012, 17:56

Hello,

Did you move, remove or edit any of the installation folders at any time?
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

There was an error during set up, please check log. Empty Re: There was an error during set up, please check log.

Post by Guest Mon 01 Oct 2012, 18:07

No, only to copy over the cracks

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon 01 Oct 2012, 18:08

Hello,

And tried this specific video too: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t6052-error-during-startup-see-log-for-more-details-fix ?
If not, please watch it very carefully!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 01 Oct 2012, 18:16

Yes, watched the video and done everything but still get the error.

On a side note can I ask what the (x86) means when it comes to programe files? As I don't have that.

Back to top Go down

Post by t2sink Mon 01 Oct 2012, 19:06

The (x86) is the 32-bit program folder for 64-bit computers, if you don't have one, your on a 32-bit computer, so just ignore the (x86) part in directions.
t2sink
t2sink
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Favourite games : Sims 3, Roller Coaster Tycoon 2, Minecraft, RPG World Online, AoE 2/3, Command And Conquer, SimCity, Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds, MW2/MW3, Halo Reach, Borderlands, Halo 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 01 Oct 2012, 20:29

Oh I thought maybe that was the reason it wasn't working Crying or Very sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon 01 Oct 2012, 21:59

Hello,

Anyhow, this is a Registry problem.
Please contact me via the Forum's chatbox when you see me online on the Forum. I'll try to fix the problem for you via TeamViewer, if you like.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top