Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HELP!! Can't see or create a sim!! Pets 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

HELP!! Can't see or create a sim!! Pets 3 Empty HELP!! Can't see or create a sim!! Pets 3

Post by Guest Wed 19 Oct 2011, 19:15

So i downloaded and installed Pets 3 just fine. Added the fix and started up my game. I'm able to navigate to different towns but once i go into create a sim..nothing shows up. All items except no sim and when I randomly pick a household it loads but the sims are invisible then my game crashes. I have custom content and mods installed. Will taking them out help??

Back to top Go down

HELP!! Can't see or create a sim!! Pets 3 Empty Re: HELP!! Can't see or create a sim!! Pets 3

Post by Guest Wed 19 Oct 2011, 21:24

There is alot of glitches due to the Sims Pets. try uninstalling pets and see if it brings the sims back, if it does then its a pets glitch.

Though i would wait for a admin to answer first, i dont want you losing your sim saves or anything.

Back to top Go down

HELP!! Can't see or create a sim!! Pets 3 Empty Re: HELP!! Can't see or create a sim!! Pets 3

Post by Guest Wed 19 Oct 2011, 21:38

Yea i don't what it could be. I took out my mods and custom content. Still can't create or play a family.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 19 Oct 2011, 21:46

Keep an eye out on the sims 3 website for a patch or something, there is ALOT of bugs due to Pets now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 19 Oct 2011, 22:23

Yea this really sucks I just did the Pets fix and now not only can i not see my sims but its also telling i'm having a problem with the launcher..fml

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 19 Oct 2011, 23:10

A cat just got up and walked off my lawn on two legs.. Oh; and he was in noodle form..
Anyway, I haven't been able to play until just now because of the new patch/version conflicting with my mods.. I've been checking to see which ones are still compatible and all of that.. You're getting the same result with mods and custom disabled though.. Have you deleted the simCompositorCache in your \Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 folder?
I don't know what would keep you from viewing sims..

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 19 Oct 2011, 23:13

No should I delete it?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 20 Oct 2011, 11:17

Gah, sorry I took so long.. simCompositorCache is a cache file that you have to delete when you want changes to any sim to appear in game.. Like; when you add skins that would apply to all males, you won't see the change applied unless you delete that cache file.. It's created/added to every time you start the Sims so there's no harm at all in deleting it.. I don't know if this will help, but it wont hurt and it's the only thing I can think of trying to get your sims to reappear..
Lol I get tired of ssaying "Hope someone else can help you out more", but yeah; I hope someone that knows the software better will read and help out..

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 03 Aug 2012, 22:51

Where is this file/folder? "simCompositorCache"

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri 03 Aug 2012, 23:17

KingOfZanarkand wrote:Where is this file/folder? "simCompositorCache"
Hello,

You can find it in: Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\simCompositorCache.package
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top