Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims not appearing in Create a Sim. Pets and Supernatural. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims not appearing in Create a Sim. Pets and Supernatural. [SOLVED] Empty Sims not appearing in Create a Sim. Pets and Supernatural. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 28 Jan 2017, 19:24

Hi 
So I'm able to start up the game just fine. I followed the ""Must READ" How to install Sims 3 correctly" directions however, no texts appears in any of the text bubbles and sims are invisible during character creation. Is there anything i can do?

edit: I should add, pet creation is just fine, only i cant see any text.

Back to top Go down

Sims not appearing in Create a Sim. Pets and Supernatural. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Sims not appearing in Create a Sim. Pets and Supernatural. [SOLVED]

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sat 28 Jan 2017, 20:34

Hello,

Welcome to the forum.
We haven't seen this problem in quite some time, but it appears that you can fix it like this. If that doesn't apply however, try to run the patch again, and recrack your game after that.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Sims not appearing in Create a Sim. Pets and Supernatural. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Sims not appearing in Create a Sim. Pets and Supernatural. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 28 Jan 2017, 21:39

Hi again,

Thanks f or trying to help. I did the text balloon fix, ran the patch, and recracked the game but everything is still the same. WhatDidUJustCallMe?

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sat 28 Jan 2017, 21:47

Ok, try this: Uninstall the base game (no need to uninstall the rest yet). Then, reboot your PC, install the base game (you can ignore the warning that pops up) and use the patch and the crack again.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 28 Jan 2017, 22:47

ok well now whenever i open the launcher it says "There was an error during startup.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 28 Jan 2017, 23:15

spoopy wrote:ok well now whenever i open the launcher it says "There was an error during startup.

The reason you get this is because something went wrong during your attempts to install/uninstall the game, which is unfortunately very hideous in Windows OS. For starters, you could try doing steps #2, #4 and #5 again, from the guide here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

Other than that please see the guide here for a possible solution on how to deal with the issue:
https://goo.gl/WPFo83

Good luck!
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 29 Jan 2017, 01:08

Thanks for everything guys! i uninstalled the base game along with the expansions, did a fresh install following the how to and everything works fine now for whatever reason! not complaining though. thanks again! Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sun 29 Jan 2017, 10:52

Good to hear!
Don't hesitate to post if you have a question again.
Happy simming The Sims Plumbob 1 topic closed.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top