Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game freeze at startup.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Game freeze at startup. Empty Game freeze at startup.

Post by Guest Sat 30 Apr 2016, 18:00

Ok... So as the title said, i currently facing a problem here.

After downloading the ultimate fix for The Sims 4 (the update only file), I followed up the exact instructions given. I did it all, yet sadly, whenever I open my TS4, it will somehow load, but then either it stuck on the loading diamond symbol screen or the main menu.

I tried reinstall the game, then followed the steps still, the problem occurs. Please help me...

I downloaded The Sims 4 and the Get To Work expansion from G4TW. Before, I have the v1.5.XXXXXXXXX version. And now trying to update the game to the latest patch G4TW had released, but the 'freeze problem' wouldn't let me play it.

When playing this game, only by :
BASE + GET TO WORK = FINE
BASE + GET TO WORK + latest ULTIMATE FIX = GAME FREEZE

I tried running them without mods and CC, but, nothing change, game still freeze at load screen.

Been searching for exact issue, but I couldn't find it. Btw, I do followed up the 
The Sims 4 crashes/freezes/causes shutdowns, possible fixes. [UPDATED ON 17-12-2015]
by Carlos

at https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t21728-the-sims-4-crashes-freezes-causes-shutdowns-possible-fixes-updated-on-17-12-2015..

Yet, the problem didn't fix.. It's still there. So, lend a help here?

Oh yeah, I still don't finished downloading the Get Together EP, cuz the torrent download so freaking slow. By that means, I didn't run the game WITH the latest EP. So question here, does the ULTIMATE FIX (update only) actually require me to owning the Get Together EP?

Because reading it correctly, the first ULTIMATE FIX requires the EP, but the second provided ULTIMATE FIX don't requires..

Hmm.. Please help me.. Been wanting to play TS4 back after 1 year of busy with college..  Why God. Why God. Why God.

Back to top Go down

Game freeze at startup. Empty Re: Game freeze at startup.

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 01 May 2016, 22:59

Hello again,

What most people misunderstand (still) about The Sims 4 is that you cannot just apply the DLC in any order you like, as was the case with The Sims 3 for example. As of now, there is a specific install order for Sims 4 DLC items.

1) TS4 Base game
2) Get to Work
3) Get together
4) Hotfix

This has to be done because of the way the (pirated) Sims 4 works technically. Maybe we can find a workaround in the future for that, but let's see. The Ultimate fix is not necessary at all, this time, due to the Get together. If you use the Ultimate fix instead of Get together, you end up with this freezing error, unfortunately. 

In the future, we may do things differently, but for now, please take the recommended install order as it is. The current Ultimate fix could as well be taken down, but we will keep it for the moment.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 03 May 2016, 03:20

Carlos wrote:Hello again,

What most people misunderstand (still) about The Sims 4 is that you cannot just apply the DLC in any order you like, as was the case with The Sims 3 for example. As of now, there is a specific install order for Sims 4 DLC items.

1) TS4 Base game
2) Get to Work
3) Get together
4) Hotfix

This has to be done because of the way the (pirated) Sims 4 works technically. Maybe we can find a workaround in the future for that, but let's see. The Ultimate fix is not necessary at all, this time, due to the Get together. If you use the Ultimate fix instead of Get together, you end up with this freezing error, unfortunately. 

In the future, we may do things differently, but for now, please take the recommended install order as it is. The current Ultimate fix could as well be taken down, but we will keep it for the moment.

Oh ok.. So, it's due to the not complete requirement. Then, I think I will wait till my Get Together finish to download.

Btw, thanks Carlos. I guess my problem fixed.  Oh my... Oh my... Oh my... Yess, aye lieeke!

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 03 May 2016, 22:33

DanishQweex wrote:
Oh ok.. So, it's due to the not complete requirement. Then, I think I will wait till my Get Together finish to download.

Btw, thanks Carlos. I guess my problem fixed.  Oh my... Oh my... Oh my... Yess, aye lieeke!

No problem at all. Good luck, and feel free to keep us posted in this thread here if you have more questions !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top