Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sims 4 - "Unable to start:" [d6f91ffb:29f00e76:00000000]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Sims 4 - "Unable to start:" [d6f91ffb:29f00e76:00000000] Empty The Sims 4 - "Unable to start:" [d6f91ffb:29f00e76:00000000]

Post by Guest Fri 06 May 2016, 04:57

I recently installed The Sims 4 on my Windows 10 laptop, and it worked perfectly. Then I started adding DLC afterwards. GET TO WORK worked fine, but adding GET TOGETHER ruined it all. I had been getting a pop-up when I try to launch it, and it won't launch anymore. I tried uninstalling the whole game (since Windows 10 sucks at undo-ing Copy/Paste files) and reinstalled ONLY the main game again. And this pop-up still appears. What happened and how do I fix it?  Help

This is the pop-up (Couldn't take a screenshot, so copied it word-per-word)
------------------------------------------------------------
Unable to start:

The contents of your user data directory were created by a newer version of The Sims 4 and cannot be loaded. Please update your game via Origin to play.

[d6f91ffb:29f00e76:00000000]

The Sims 3 plumbob

Back to top Go down

The Sims 4 - "Unable to start:" [d6f91ffb:29f00e76:00000000] Empty Re: The Sims 4 - "Unable to start:" [d6f91ffb:29f00e76:00000000]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 06 May 2016, 21:55

MarioMinecraftMix wrote:I recently installed The Sims 4 on my Windows 10 laptop, and it worked perfectly. Then I started adding DLC afterwards. GET TO WORK worked fine, but adding GET TOGETHER ruined it all. I had been getting a pop-up when I try to launch it, and it won't launch anymore. I tried uninstalling the whole game (since Windows 10 sucks at undo-ing Copy/Paste files) and reinstalled ONLY the main game again. And this pop-up still appears. What happened and how do I fix it?  Help

This is the pop-up (Couldn't take a screenshot, so copied it word-per-word)
Unable to start:

The contents of your user data directory were created by a newer version of The Sims 4 and cannot be loaded. Please update your game via Origin to play.

[d6f91ffb]

The Sims 3 plumbob

Hello again,

Make sure to apply the "Hotfix at first if you haven't done so yet. See this here.
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t21865-llama-symbols-in-newcrest-and-related-glitches-a-k-a-get-together-hotfix-please-read

Then have a look at this here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t20396-unable-to-start-the-contents-of-your-user-data-directory-were-created-by-a-newer-version-of-the-sims-4-updated-on-29-12-2015

It should be enough for you to navigate to Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4 and then delete the GameVersion.txt-file. Then try the game again.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top