Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trying to get rid of broken CC. Can I clear my cache?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Trying to get rid of broken CC. Can I clear my cache? Empty Trying to get rid of broken CC. Can I clear my cache?

Post by Guest Thu 12 May 2016, 21:05

So after I installed Get Together and moved everything to C:\Program Files (x86)\The Sims 4, my game won't function with CC. Like a lot of people have been posting, my sims just stand around and won't follow any of my commands, and the issue is fixed when I disable CC. However, I really want to figure out what exactly is causing the problem so that I can put back the CC that isn't broken. When I try to delete the CC that others have posted are broken and then enable mods, everything (even the things I've deleted) are still there, and my game still won't work right. I've read that clearing your cache can help get rid of unwanted CC, but I can't find ANY cache files in my new game location. What can I do?  I is confused

Back to top Go down

Trying to get rid of broken CC. Can I clear my cache? Empty Re: Trying to get rid of broken CC. Can I clear my cache?

Post by Guest Thu 12 May 2016, 21:36

The cache files are NOT in your installion-folder
You can find it in My Documents - Electronic Arts - The Sims 4

Back to top Go down

Trying to get rid of broken CC. Can I clear my cache? Empty Re: Trying to get rid of broken CC. Can I clear my cache?

Post by Guest Thu 12 May 2016, 23:30

Oh, okay, that's really helpful!
My follow-up question would be if the game uses the original mods folder under Electronic Arts, or the new one that I made in Program Files?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 13 May 2016, 07:09

misssimmer wrote:Oh, okay, that's really helpful!
My follow-up question would be if the game uses the original mods folder under Electronic Arts, or the new one that I made in Program Files?
You can only put CC/Mods in C:\users\...\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods and not in program files.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 14 May 2016, 00:57

misssimmer wrote:Oh, okay, that's really helpful!

Welcome to the forum first of all @misssimmer, Smile

The game generally uses the Mods-folder that is located under Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4, indeed, as the previous poster suggested. However, a common problem that pops up time and time again is that simmers eagerly download all kinds of CC from the internet and simply put that into their game. Now in principle that is not necessarily a bad thing.

But if you keep in mind that the pirated Sims 4 version lags behind the official Sims 4 on Origin (the pirated version is on patch level 1.13, whereas the legit Origin version is on 1.15-something), and that modders generally seem to cater to people who have legit games, then you can bet that a significant number of these mods simply may not work with the game version of the pirated Sims 4. 

You have to make sure that all your stuff is working with game patch version 1.13.104.1010, in case of doubt try getting in touch with the creators of the CC.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 29 Mar 2018, 22:55

Hi i had the same issue but under my MY documentsI have also tried to show hidden folders, and still no folder there?
My game is really slow and takes forever to load
Also tried to locate in UsersReally desperate for help please

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top