Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 4 Get to Work Installation

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 4 Get to Work Installation  Empty Sims 4 Get to Work Installation

Post by Guest Wed 08 Jun 2016, 06:36

Can someone link me to a working download and installation guide. Every one I use either has the update origin error or won't start/missing files error. A video with an up to date walkthrough would be nice if possible.

Back to top Go down

Sims 4 Get to Work Installation  Empty Re: Sims 4 Get to Work Installation

Post by Guest Wed 08 Jun 2016, 11:57

Games4theworld have a working download link and installation guide for The Sims 4: Get To Work, you can download the torrent here: https://www.games4theworld.org/downloads.html

if you have any problems don't hesitate to ask in this thread:
we have an awesome Moderators that can help you. Smile 
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/f45-the-sims-4-in-game-support

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 08 Jun 2016, 20:32

iJayden wrote:Can someone link me to a working download and installation guide. Every one I use either has the update origin error or won't start/missing files error. A video with an up to date walkthrough would be nice if possible.

Welcome to the forum @iJayden,

We currently don't have any video guides for The Sims 4, but maybe we will do a few in the future. For now though, there isn't much behind installing DLC to The Sims 4. First of all, download "Get to Work" if you haven't done so yet, from the link that the previous poster mentioned. Smile

You need to keep the install order as follows (and install instructions are included in each item).

1) TS4 Base game
2) Get to Work
3) Get together
4) Hotfix (see this here).

If you then still are having issues, then there might be another problem, not related to the download itself. Could you be more specific about the exact wording of the error message that you seemed to get ?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 08 Jun 2016, 21:14

The_gh0stm4n wrote:
iJayden wrote:Can someone link me to a working download and installation guide. Every one I use either has the update origin error or won't start/missing files error. A video with an up to date walkthrough would be nice if possible.

Welcome to the forum @iJayden,

We currently don't have any video guides for The Sims 4, but maybe we will do a few in the future. For now though, there isn't much behind installing DLC to The Sims 4. First of all, download "Get to Work" if you haven't done so yet, from the link that the previous poster mentioned. Smile

You need to keep the install order as follows (and install instructions are included in each item).

1) TS4 Base game
2) Get to Work
3) Get together
4) Hotfix (see this here).

If you then still are having issues, then there might be another problem, not related to the download itself. Could you be more specific about the exact wording of the error message that you seemed to get ?
It's still giving me the error that I need to update the game/origin. I already tried to ultimate fix and reinstalling multiple times. Please help me I really want to play

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 08 Jun 2016, 21:19

iJayden wrote:It's still giving me the error that I need to update the game/origin. I already tried to ultimate fix and reinstalling multiple times. Please help me I really want to play

You don't need the Ultimate fix (this time). Instead you should keep the install order in the way I described above. This is due to a technicality with the game. Unlike in earlier sims-games, you can't "pick and choose" which DLC you want to have. It's "all or nothing" with The Sims 4, hence I mentioned this specific install order.

As for your other error, I'm still not sure which one that could be but for now have a look at this here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t20396-unable-to-start-the-contents-of-your-user-data-directory-were-created-by-a-newer-version-of-the-sims-4-updated-on-29-12-2015

Specifically at fix #2 there. 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Sims 4 Get to Work Installation  Empty Long loading time/ can't load house/ data loss.

Post by Guest Thu 09 Jun 2016, 00:10

It takes a really long time to load, and I can't put my family in a house or load a house. Getting error code 3 w/ data loss please help.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 09 Jun 2016, 16:38

iJayden wrote:It takes a really long time to load, and I can't put my family in a house or load a house. Getting error code 3 w/ data loss please help.

//MERGED

I merged your topics. Smile  Have you tried running the game as Administrator ? You could also try moving the install folder of The Sims 4 directly under the desktop and then re-start the game from there too.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 09 Jun 2016, 21:51

IJayden wrote:It's still giving me the error that I need to update the game/origin. I already tried to ultimate fix and reinstalling multiple times. Please help me I really want to play

When you have to update via Origin, you most probably have the base game legally bought.
So your version of your game is higher than the version of the downloads.

Go to the folder My Documents - Electronic Arts - The sims 4.
Open the file GameVersion with f.e. Notepad
Change it to  1.13.104.1010 and save it.
Now start your game
If that doesn't do the trick, rename the above mentioned folder to The Sims 4_old (all your houses, sims etc will be lost, the game is as new)

Once you start with pirated games never ever let Origin update your game as all pirated stuff will get lost.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top