Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3 installation: doesn't work

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 installation: doesn't work Empty Sims 3 installation: doesn't work

Post by Guest Mon 02 Jul 2012, 20:54

Hi!

I've been trying to install the Sims 3 on my Macbook for a couple of days now, and after finding the Mac installation guide, I thought I had found gold. However, after downloading it, combining the two .iso files in Terminal, something isn't working properly. I'm not very good with computers, but I followed the instructions very carefully, yet at step 5 there is no The Sims 3 installer for me to click on. There is some broken link that probably should have been the installer, but when I click on it, it says that it's either not safe or it's damaged.
I'm not sure if it's something I did wrong, or if it's something with the download.

Please, help me! I will be very, very grateful.

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 installation: doesn't work Empty Re: Sims 3 installation: doesn't work

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Tue 03 Jul 2012, 07:19

Hello,

If you have our version of the base game, you'll need a different one. It doesn't work on MAC. The one from Reloaded will do.
Our expansions do work on MAC.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 05 Jul 2012, 11:13

Just to be sure...
should I download the one on The Pirate Bay called: The.Sims.3-RELOADED ?

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Thu 05 Jul 2012, 11:26

Hello,

Yes, to be sure, search TPB for Sims 3 MAC, that one should defenitely work, and has instructions.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 06 Jul 2012, 01:13

Any version of The Sims 3 on PirateBay will work perfectly fine, there's a lot of reliable versions. Reloaded is actually my preferred version after reformatting or what not. It comes with the serial numbers and the installation instructions packaged into the torrent.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 06 Jul 2012, 05:12

if u still need help heres what i did: so install base sims 3 -> without opening and without cracking it -> install the expansion packs i wanted -> when done download the mac version of the update patch somewhere here -> then apply the files in the #crack folder of the ultimate guide -> have fun and enjoy.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 06 Jul 2012, 12:39

Hi!

Okay, so I downloaded the base game, Late Night and Generations just fine, and I could install them all. Now I'm at the point of the latest fix, and I downloaded the Mac fix, read the installation guide, but I'm afraid I did something wrong.

When I click on The Sims icon to start the game (get the start-up screen), so I can update it, it automatically goes to Generations (which is the last expansion I downloaded and installed), but the screen is not the way it's supposed to be. It's pretty much transparent, and I can't click on anything but a link from a message that says there's a new patch available for the store.
Here's what it looks like:
Sims 3 installation: doesn't work Scherm10

So I went back to the installation guide, to see if I did something wrong, and I found out I didn't click on 'show original' before going to 'show package content', and then to the map you have to put the substitute files in. I just right-clicked the icon of the base game, then to 'show package content', and from there I went to the Late Night map and so on.
I'm not sure if that's very important, but either way, I can't update the game, and I can't play it.

Can anyone tell me what I did wrong or what I should do to fix it?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 06 Jul 2012, 13:49

idk what you did but just saying you know that u dont need to apply any crack on any of your sims 3 expansion pack? all you have to do is show package content on sims 3 then contents>resources>transgaming>c_drive>program files>electronic arts>the sims 3>game>bin> paste the .dlls from the "#crack" folder

it seems like you put the crack on some other EP coz u had to do the show original, it shouldnt say that if u do it on the sims 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 06 Jul 2012, 13:58

Well, in the installation guide it said that I had to get the files from the maps called 'Late Night', 'Base Game' etc. and put those in the game bin. Then I should update the game, and then I should apply the crack from the '#crack' folder. So I did exactly that, except for the 'show original' step for the Late Night expansion.
And I couldn't update, so that's where I'm stuck now.

I think I'll just uninstall them, and try again.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 06 Jul 2012, 14:30

Vivil wrote:Well, in the installation guide it said that I had to get the files from the maps called 'Late Night', 'Base Game' etc. and put those in the game bin. Then I should update the game, and then I should apply the crack from the '#crack' folder. So I did exactly that, except for the 'show original' step for the Late Night expansion.

im making a video tutorial if u can wait Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 06 Jul 2012, 14:36

humangraffiti wrote:
Vivil wrote:Well, in the installation guide it said that I had to get the files from the maps called 'Late Night', 'Base Game' etc. and put those in the game bin. Then I should update the game, and then I should apply the crack from the '#crack' folder. So I did exactly that, except for the 'show original' step for the Late Night expansion.

That would be great! I already uninstalled them, but I'll definitely watch the tutorial.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 06 Jul 2012, 14:37

Vivil wrote:
humangraffiti wrote:

That would be great! I already uninstalled them, but I'll definitely watch the tutorial.
might take a while tho i have slow upload Very Happy but yeah ill post link here

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 06 Jul 2012, 14:39

humangraffiti wrote:
Vivil wrote:
humangraffiti wrote:

might take a while tho i have slow upload Very Happy but yeah ill post link here

It's taken me a week already, so I think I can hang on just a little longer Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 06 Jul 2012, 14:55

Vivil wrote:
humangraffiti wrote:
Vivil wrote:
humangraffiti wrote:

It's taken me a week already, so I think I can hang on just a little longer Smile

here you go.. sorry if its not good enough but if u have any question just post a comment on yt or reply to this post Razz

youtu(dot)be/y9gLC3HKqUg

cant post links for somereason

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 06 Jul 2012, 16:43

I watched your video, downloaded the patch (I already had the fix), but when I run the patch, a screen pops up and it tells me to select the The Sims 3.app
What is that and where can I find it?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 06 Jul 2012, 22:53

Vivil wrote:I watched your video, downloaded the patch (I already had the fix), but when I run the patch, a screen pops up and it tells me to select the The Sims 3.app

sorry i didnt put that on the video, i thought it was pretty straight forward. so u go to applications>the sims 3>then click "Sims 3", its just the base game.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 06 Jul 2012, 22:55

humangraffiti wrote:
Vivil wrote:I watched your video, downloaded the patch (I already had the fix), but when I run the patch, a screen pops up and it tells me to select the The Sims 3.app

sorry i didnt put that on the video, i thought it was pretty straight forward. so u go to applications>the sims 3>then click "Sims 3", its just the base game.

It is pretty straight forward, and I already figured it out. (must have been my hair color)
It works great, though, thanks so much!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 06 Jul 2012, 22:56

Vivil wrote:
humangraffiti wrote:

It is pretty straight forward, and I already figured it out. (must have been my hair color)

so im guessing u are able to play it now?? and no problem glad i could help Very Happy

edit: ur blonde? haha

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 06 Jul 2012, 23:10

humangraffiti wrote:
Vivil wrote:
humangraffiti wrote:

so im guessing u are able to play it now?? and no problem glad i could help Very Happy

Yeah, it runs great! I only have the base game and Generations right now, so I'm gonna try and add more expansion packs, but I think that won't cause any problems.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 06 Jul 2012, 23:13

Vivil wrote:
humangraffiti wrote:
Vivil wrote:
humangraffiti wrote:

Yeah, it runs great! I only have the base game and Generations right now, so I'm gonna try and add more expansion packs, but I think that won't cause any problems.

oh nice Very Happy yeah it wont cause a problem, just remember when install a new EP, make sure to reinstall the patch then repaste the crack Very Happy yeah im not really enjoying my game so much coz it laggs so much Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top